Kaye Scholer client Novartis Pharmaceuticals has entered into an agreement with Sideris Pharmaceuticals Inc. in which Novartis has been granted an exclusive right to acquire Sideris and its lead asset, the iron-chelating candidate SP-420. Including upfront, acquisition and milestone payments, the agreement with Novartis could reach up to $300 million. This agreement coincided with Sideris successfully completing a $32 million Series A equity financing.
Sideris Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company that is focused on the development of therapeutics for the treatment of transfusion-related iron overload. The combination of the Novartis agreement and the closing of the Series A financing will allow Sideris to advance the SP-420 program through a large Phase 2 clinical study in transfusion related iron overload.
The Kaye Scholer team advising Novartis in the agreement includes Partners Derek Stoldt and Adam Golden, Counsel Bill Lonergan and Associate Stephen Sandiford.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes