Kaye Scholer client Novartis Pharmaceuticals has entered into an agreement with Sideris Pharmaceuticals Inc. in which Novartis has been granted an exclusive right to acquire Sideris and its lead asset, the iron-chelating candidate SP-420. Including upfront, acquisition and milestone payments, the agreement with Novartis could reach up to $300 million. This agreement coincided with Sideris successfully completing a $32 million Series A equity financing.
Sideris Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company that is focused on the development of therapeutics for the treatment of transfusion-related iron overload. The combination of the Novartis agreement and the closing of the Series A financing will allow Sideris to advance the SP-420 program through a large Phase 2 clinical study in transfusion related iron overload.
The Kaye Scholer team advising Novartis in the agreement includes Partners Derek Stoldt and Adam Golden, Counsel Bill Lonergan and Associate Stephen Sandiford.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes