PLI Publishes 11th Edition of Kaye Scholer’s Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues
Contains updates on export control reform, warrantless searches of digital devices, and much more
New York: Kaye Scholer announces that the 11th biannual update of the Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues is now available.
Published by Practising Law Institute (PLI), the nation’s leading provider of continuing legal education, the Deskbook comes at a time when companies are under greater legal scrutiny than ever before. Executives and their legal counsel need practical, plain-English guidance on how to avoid potentially disastrous mistakes.
Authored by members of Kaye Scholer’s highly regarded White Collar Litigation & Internal Investigations Practice, highlights from the latest edition include:
- Discussion of this year’s implementation by the Obama Administration of long-awaited export control reforms and how the new rules affect the prosecution of export control violations
- Analysis of a recent Ninth Circuit holding on whether the government may perform warrantless searches of digital devices at border crossings, including forensic analysis of the hard drive, unlocking password-protected files and restoring deleted files
- Exploration of how the various Circuit Courts are currently split on the question of whether a grand jury subpoena supersedes a protective order
- Discussion of how courts interpret the definition of “bona fide purchaser” in the context of civil forfeitures of assets
Praise for the Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues
“The book is breathtaking in scope. I can’t imagine a more important resource to have near at hand.”
—John Feerick, Professor of Law and former Dean of Fordham Law School
”An excellent tool for the experienced, and an important guide for everyone to the pitfalls that await you.”
—Bart M. Schwartz, Former Chief, Criminal Division, U.S. Attorneys’ Office, Southern District of New York
Kaye Scholer’s White Collar Litigation & Internal Investigation practice has effectively represented public and private corporations, boards of directors and individuals in high-stakes white collar cases and investigations for decades. Our team, which includes several former federal and state prosecutors and SEC lawyers, handles a broad range of matters, including internal investigations, enforcement actions, compliance, corporate governance and congressional inquiries, and deftly addresses government issues.
Updated biannually, the Deskbook is a vital reference for attorneys, executives, compliance officers, securities professionals, and regulators. To order the latest edition please see here.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles