Kaye Scholer recently represented Essroc Cement Corp. in a significant multi-state like-kind exchange transaction with Cemex, Inc. The like-kind exchange transaction involved the exchange of Essroc’s real estate and operations assets located at their Charlotte, North Carolina bulk cement terminal for Cemex’s real estate and operations assets located at their Indianapolis, Indiana bulk cement terminal.
Essroc, located in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, operates cement, ready-mix and aggregate operations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Essroc is the North American division of Italcementi SpA., one of the world’s largest cement and building materials producers, headquartered in Milan, Italy. The asset exchange transaction contributes to Essroc’s efforts to consolidate around core geographies and key operations. Cemex is a Mexican-based company and known as one of the world’s largest building materials suppliers and cement producers.
The Kaye Scholer team covered corporate, real estate and tax matters and included Partner John Fallon, Associate John Csuka, Counsel Victoria Frankenburg and Partner Willys Schneider.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes