Kaye Scholer recently represented Essroc Cement Corp. in a significant multi-state like-kind exchange transaction with Cemex, Inc. The like-kind exchange transaction involved the exchange of Essroc’s real estate and operations assets located at their Charlotte, North Carolina bulk cement terminal for Cemex’s real estate and operations assets located at their Indianapolis, Indiana bulk cement terminal.
Essroc, located in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, operates cement, ready-mix and aggregate operations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Essroc is the North American division of Italcementi SpA., one of the world’s largest cement and building materials producers, headquartered in Milan, Italy. The asset exchange transaction contributes to Essroc’s efforts to consolidate around core geographies and key operations. Cemex is a Mexican-based company and known as one of the world’s largest building materials suppliers and cement producers.
The Kaye Scholer team covered corporate, real estate and tax matters and included Partner John Fallon, Associate John Csuka, Counsel Victoria Frankenburg and Partner Willys Schneider.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes