LONDON: Kaye Scholer has advised the shareholders of client Pharmalink Consulting, a leading global provider of regulatory affairs consulting services to the life sciences industry, on the sale of the company to business processes and operations provider Genpact Ltd (NYSE: G).
As a consequence of the acquisition, Genpact will add significant consulting, outsourcing and operations capabilities and will expand its capabilities in supporting life sciences research and development functions, including regulatory strategy, filing submissions, complex compliance services and the management of post-licensing activities. On completion of the transaction, which is subject to a few customary conditions, Pharmalink’s employees based in the US, UK, India, Ireland and Puerto Rico will become part of Genpact’s Life Sciences vertical market. The consideration for the sale remains confidential.
“It has been a privilege to advise on this transaction, which will prove extremely timely in the wider context of the life sciences industry” said Sean Scanlon, the lead partner on the transaction at Kaye Scholer. “The combination of Pharmalink Consulting’s top-tier regulatory affairs consulting offerings and Genpact’s added scale, technology and other significant strengths will prove to be a very compelling proposition.”
“This transaction represents a pivotal moment in the development of our business and Sean and his team at Kaye Scholer have provided expert advice and guidance throughout the process” said Peter Griffin, Chairman, Pharmalink Consulting. “With more than 40 years of experience in the industry it is clear that Kaye Scholer has a deep knowledge of the business, commercial, deal and litigation needs of life science companies, all of which is invaluable in the context of a sale transaction.”
The Kaye Scholer team was led by London Partner Sean Scanlon, with assistance from fellow Partners David Gerber and Daniel Lewin, and Associate Amy Utley. Assistance in the US was provided by Partners Lowell Dashefsky and Jeffrey London, Counsels Peter Danias and Paul Gibson, and Associates Brian Witkowski and Natasha Hsieh.
Kaye Scholer’s multidisciplinary Life Sciences Group represents pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech and health tech firms in every stage of a product’s life cycle. We take a holistic approach in addressing the issues and exploiting the opportunities that affect the very foundations of a client’s business. Chambers USA consistently ranks our Life Sciences team among the top 10 firms for both Superior Client Service and Commercial Awareness/Understanding of the Industry.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions