Kaye Scholer Advises Five Oaks on Various Public Equity Financings, Including Most Recently a $75M ATM Facility
Kaye Scholer advised real estate investment trust Five Oaks Investment Corp (FOIC) (NYSE: OAKS) in a $75 million at-the-market (ATM) facility launched on May 30th with Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc, BTIG LLC and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Inc. Proceeds of this open market stock sale will be used to acquire target assets, including non-Agency RMBS , multi-family MBS and legacy Agency RMBS.
This is only the most recent transaction on which we have assisted FOIC and follows a $750 million shelf registration statement (declared effective on May 8th), public offerings of $40 million Series A Preferred Stock (in December/ January and in May), and a $35 million public offering of common stock (in February).
The Firm assisted with the formation of FOIC, and its SEC-registered external manager, Oak Circle Capital Partners LLC, in March 2012; advised FOIC on its $25 million pre-IPO financing from XL Global plc (NYSE: XL); and acted as counsel for FOIC in its May 2013 IPO led by Barclays and Credit Suisse.
The deal teams on these matters have been led by Partners Kenneth Mason and Dan Hartnett, and included Partners Willys Schneider, David Sausen and Jeff London; Counsel Peter Danias; and Associates Tracy Romano, Raul Moreno, Shay Soltani, Marisa Silver, Sarah Soloveichik and Viktoriya Karshenboyem.
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions