Kaye Scholer Advises Five Oaks on Various Public Equity Financings, Including Most Recently a $75M ATM Facility
Kaye Scholer advised real estate investment trust Five Oaks Investment Corp (FOIC) (NYSE: OAKS) in a $75 million at-the-market (ATM) facility launched on May 30th with Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc, BTIG LLC and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Inc. Proceeds of this open market stock sale will be used to acquire target assets, including non-Agency RMBS , multi-family MBS and legacy Agency RMBS.
This is only the most recent transaction on which we have assisted FOIC and follows a $750 million shelf registration statement (declared effective on May 8th), public offerings of $40 million Series A Preferred Stock (in December/ January and in May), and a $35 million public offering of common stock (in February).
The Firm assisted with the formation of FOIC, and its SEC-registered external manager, Oak Circle Capital Partners LLC, in March 2012; advised FOIC on its $25 million pre-IPO financing from XL Global plc (NYSE: XL); and acted as counsel for FOIC in its May 2013 IPO led by Barclays and Credit Suisse.
The deal teams on these matters have been led by Partners Kenneth Mason and Dan Hartnett, and included Partners Willys Schneider, David Sausen and Jeff London; Counsel Peter Danias; and Associates Tracy Romano, Raul Moreno, Shay Soltani, Marisa Silver, Sarah Soloveichik and Viktoriya Karshenboyem.
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes