PLI Publishes its Latest Update of Kaye Scholer's Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance & White Collar Issues
Highlights include rise of price-fixing cases affecting the auto industry and creation of the SEC’s Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force
New York: In conjunction with Practising Law Institute (PLI), Kaye Scholer’s White Collar Litigation & Internal Investigations Practice released the latest update of its Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues, updated to reflect the latest court cases and actions, as well as new commentary and discussion on these developments.
Published by PLI, a nonprofit committed to continuing legal education, this latest edition provides practical information, comprehensive analysis and recent developments on corporate criminal and regulatory matters from leading experts in the field. In particular, recent regulatory forces have created a climate where corporations are held more liable and subject to a greater amount of regulations and statutes than two decades ago. The Deskbook update explains the best practices for ensuring corporate compliance with the law and the deterrence of illegal acts by corporate employees.
“White collar issues continue to make front-page news as more international companies get embroiled in US investigations, particularly as they relate to antitrust laws, the False Claims Act and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,” said Kaye Scholer Litigation Partner Greg Wallance, who oversaw the production of the Deskbook’s latest update. “We want our clients to always have the most up-to-date information available, which is why we are grateful for our ongoing collaboration with PLI.”
Highlights of this update include:
- Discussion of continuing investigations into price-fixing in the automotive parts industry and into violations of the False Claims Act;
- Criticism of the Department of Justice by U.S. District Court Judge Rakoff on the lack of prosecutions by the Department of Justice of high-level executives of financial institutions in connection with the 2008 financial crisis;
- Preserving the attorney-client privilege waiver when American lawyers represent foreign companies in cross-border investigations by the Department of Justice and other US regulatory agencies; and
- The most recent SEC developments, including the formation of the Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force to strengthen the agency’s efforts to identify and prosecute securities law violations related to financial reporting and audit failures.
For decades, Kaye Scholer’s white-collar defense litigators have skillfully represented public and private corporations, boards of directors and individuals in high-stakes white-collar cases and investigations. Our team, which includes several former state and federal prosecutors and SEC lawyers, handles a broad range of matters, including internal investigations, enforcement actions, compliance, corporate governance and congressional inquiries, and deftly addresses government issues.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes