Kaye Scholer Assists Avion Tequila in Sale of Majority Equity Stake of Avion Spirits Joint Venture to Pernod Ricard
NEW YORK: Kaye Scholer advised ultra premium tequila brand Avion Tequila in its agreement to sell a majority stake in the Avion Spirits LLC joint venture to Pernod Ricard USA.
Kaye Scholer also represented Avion Tequila in its 2011 transaction with Pernod Ricard USA, that created the Avion Spirits LLC joint venture, in which Pernod Ricard USA previously held a minority stake. Since its launch in 2010, the Avion Tequila brand has grown tremendously and has become recognized in the spirits industry as a leading ultra-premium tequila.
“As we grow our successful relationship with Pernod Ricard USA, we continue also to build upon another valuable partnership with our law firm Kaye Scholer, which has represented us since our inception and which over the years has helped us to position ourselves strategically and confidently in such transactions,” said Ken Austin, Founder and Chairman of Avion Tequila.
John Geelan and Tom Yadlon led the deal team for Avion Tequila, with the outstanding assistance of Eric Levine, Javier Stark, Aaron Gardner, Tricia Beckles, Laurie Abramowitz, Jeff London, John Rynkiewicz, Brian Witkowski and Peter Danias.
Kaye Scholer's Corporate Group brings together more than 85 lawyers throughout the firm's nine offices with extensive experience in a broad range of corporate transactions, both domestic and international. In 2013, the firm advised the Cooper Spirits Company on the acquisition of St.-Germain by Bacardi. The firm also previously handled the sale of Grey Goose to Bacardi for client Sidney Frank Importing, in addition to handling other matters in the beverages and spirits space.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes