Kaye Scholer Assists Avion Tequila in Sale of Majority Equity Stake of Avion Spirits Joint Venture to Pernod Ricard
NEW YORK: Kaye Scholer advised ultra premium tequila brand Avion Tequila in its agreement to sell a majority stake in the Avion Spirits LLC joint venture to Pernod Ricard USA.
Kaye Scholer also represented Avion Tequila in its 2011 transaction with Pernod Ricard USA, that created the Avion Spirits LLC joint venture, in which Pernod Ricard USA previously held a minority stake. Since its launch in 2010, the Avion Tequila brand has grown tremendously and has become recognized in the spirits industry as a leading ultra-premium tequila.
“As we grow our successful relationship with Pernod Ricard USA, we continue also to build upon another valuable partnership with our law firm Kaye Scholer, which has represented us since our inception and which over the years has helped us to position ourselves strategically and confidently in such transactions,” said Ken Austin, Founder and Chairman of Avion Tequila.
John Geelan and Tom Yadlon led the deal team for Avion Tequila, with the outstanding assistance of Eric Levine, Javier Stark, Aaron Gardner, Tricia Beckles, Laurie Abramowitz, Jeff London, John Rynkiewicz, Brian Witkowski and Peter Danias.
Kaye Scholer's Corporate Group brings together more than 85 lawyers throughout the firm's nine offices with extensive experience in a broad range of corporate transactions, both domestic and international. In 2013, the firm advised the Cooper Spirits Company on the acquisition of St.-Germain by Bacardi. The firm also previously handled the sale of Grey Goose to Bacardi for client Sidney Frank Importing, in addition to handling other matters in the beverages and spirits space.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions