Kaye Scholer advised VanDeMark Chemical Inc., the largest, independent manufacturer of phosgene and phosgene derivatives in North America, in its acquisition of Framochem Kft from ISOCHEM S.A.S., a company belonging to Germany’s AURELIUS Group, and the related debt and equity financings in connection with this acquisition.
Based in Hungary, Framochem is a leading European-based manufacturer of phosgene products, which are widely used in the pharmaceutical, agricultural-chemical, personal care, polymer and fine chemical industries. With a combined total of 22,000 tons in annual production capacity for phosgene, VanDeMark and Framochem together will be one of the world's largest producers of fine chemicals focusing on phosgenation chemistry. As part of the transaction, VanDeMark has also acquired a sales office in Germany, ISOCHEM Deutschland GmbH.
VanDeMark is a portfolio company of the US-based private equity investor Uni-World Capital, L.P., which acquired VanDeMark together with several institutional co-investors. Kaye Scholer has previously advised Uni-World Capital on multiple transactions, including its acquisition (together with additional institutional co-investors) of VanDeMark in December 2012.
The Kaye Scholer team advising VanDeMark in this transaction included Partners Stephen Koval, Annette Boedeker, Sheryl Gittlitz, Jeffrey London and Sebastian Jungermann, Counsel David Menchel, and Associates Raul Moreno, Reinhard Bunjes, LaToya Edwards, Connie Ericson, Brian Witkowski, Roxanne Mintz and Mendel Yudin.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts