Kaye Scholer advised VanDeMark Chemical Inc., the largest, independent manufacturer of phosgene and phosgene derivatives in North America, in its acquisition of Framochem Kft from ISOCHEM S.A.S., a company belonging to Germany’s AURELIUS Group, and the related debt and equity financings in connection with this acquisition.
Based in Hungary, Framochem is a leading European-based manufacturer of phosgene products, which are widely used in the pharmaceutical, agricultural-chemical, personal care, polymer and fine chemical industries. With a combined total of 22,000 tons in annual production capacity for phosgene, VanDeMark and Framochem together will be one of the world's largest producers of fine chemicals focusing on phosgenation chemistry. As part of the transaction, VanDeMark has also acquired a sales office in Germany, ISOCHEM Deutschland GmbH.
VanDeMark is a portfolio company of the US-based private equity investor Uni-World Capital, L.P., which acquired VanDeMark together with several institutional co-investors. Kaye Scholer has previously advised Uni-World Capital on multiple transactions, including its acquisition (together with additional institutional co-investors) of VanDeMark in December 2012.
The Kaye Scholer team advising VanDeMark in this transaction included Partners Stephen Koval, Annette Boedeker, Sheryl Gittlitz, Jeffrey London and Sebastian Jungermann, Counsel David Menchel, and Associates Raul Moreno, Reinhard Bunjes, LaToya Edwards, Connie Ericson, Brian Witkowski, Roxanne Mintz and Mendel Yudin.
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions