PLI Publishes 13th Edition of Kaye Scholer's Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance & White Collar Issues
Highlights include recent developments related to multiple representations of witnesses, searches and seizures, and criminal investigations of pharmaceutical companies
New York: Kaye Scholer’s White Collar Litigation & Internal Investigations Practice recently released the 13th edition of its Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues.
Published by Practising Law Institute (PLI), the nation’s leading provider of continuing legal education, the Deskbook provides practical information, comprehensive analysis and recent developments on corporate criminal and regulatory matters from leading experts in the field. It is updated biannually to reflect the latest court cases and actions, as well as new commentary and discussion on these developments.
Highlights of this update include:
- Overview of how potential conflicts of interest between a company and an employee in an investigation can become actual conflicts of interest, and lead to the disqualification of defense counsel
- Analysis of recent Supreme Court decisions relating to searches and seizures of evidence, particularly in regards to cell phone data
- Discussion of the use of potentially forfeitable assets to retain and pay counsel
- Developments related to the representation of drug and medical device manufacturers in criminal investigations, including the Food and Drug Administration’s much-anticipated social media guidance for pharmaceutical companies
- Examination of the Department of Justice’s new, more defense-friendly policy related to the “false statements” statute
To order the latest edition of the Deskbook, please see here.
Kaye Scholer’s White Collar Litigation & Internal Investigation Practice has skillfully represented public and private corporations, boards of directors and individuals in high-stakes white-collar cases and investigations for decades. Our team, which includes several former state and federal prosecutors and SEC lawyers, handles a broad range of matters, including internal investigations, enforcement actions, compliance, corporate governance and congressional inquiries, and deftly addresses government issues.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes