New York Court of Appeals’ Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman has named Judge James M. Catterson, Special Counsel within Kaye Scholer’s Litigation Practice, as a member of the newly created Commission on Statewide Attorney Discipline.
The Commission will conduct a comprehensive review of the state's attorney disciplinary system to identify what is working well and what can work better. It will also offer recommendations to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of New York's attorney discipline process. Chief Administrative Judge A. Gail Prudenti will chair the Commission, which is comprised of distinguished leaders from New York’s bench and bar.
“I am honored to be selected by Chief Judge Lippman and Chief Administrative Judge Prudenti to serve on the Attorney Discipline Commission,” Judge Catterson said. “I look forward to working with the new members and the Office of Court Administration on these very important issues.”
The issues the Commission will study include whether New York's departmental-based system leads to regional disparities in the implementation of discipline; if conversion to a statewide punishment system for lawyer misconduct is desirable; and how to achieve dispositions more quickly in an effort to provide much-needed closure to both clients and attorneys. The Commission will issue a report with its findings and recommendations to Judge Lippman by August 1, 2015.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions