New York Court of Appeals’ Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman has named Judge James M. Catterson, Special Counsel within Kaye Scholer’s Litigation Practice, as a member of the newly created Commission on Statewide Attorney Discipline.
The Commission will conduct a comprehensive review of the state's attorney disciplinary system to identify what is working well and what can work better. It will also offer recommendations to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of New York's attorney discipline process. Chief Administrative Judge A. Gail Prudenti will chair the Commission, which is comprised of distinguished leaders from New York’s bench and bar.
“I am honored to be selected by Chief Judge Lippman and Chief Administrative Judge Prudenti to serve on the Attorney Discipline Commission,” Judge Catterson said. “I look forward to working with the new members and the Office of Court Administration on these very important issues.”
The issues the Commission will study include whether New York's departmental-based system leads to regional disparities in the implementation of discipline; if conversion to a statewide punishment system for lawyer misconduct is desirable; and how to achieve dispositions more quickly in an effort to provide much-needed closure to both clients and attorneys. The Commission will issue a report with its findings and recommendations to Judge Lippman by August 1, 2015.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes