Kaye Scholer represented the administrative agent and a lender, as joint lead arranger and joint bookrunner, in a $2.5 billion senior secured asset-based loan facility extended to United Rentals Inc. and certain of its US and Canadian subsidiaries. At United Rentals’ option, the facility size may be increased by up to an additional $1.25 billion (or a greater amount under certain circumstances).
United Rentals, a publicly traded company (NYSE: URI), is the largest equipment rental company in the world, with over 850 rental locations in the United States and Canada, and thousands of classes of equipment for rent to construction and industrial companies, manufacturers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners, government entities and other customers.
Proceeds of the facility will be used to finance United Rentals’ ongoing working capital needs (including purchases of equipment) and other general corporate purposes (including acquisitions and repayment or prepayment of outstanding debt).
The Kaye Scholer team included Finance Partner Gary Bernstein, Counsel Jeffrey Misher and Associate Mendel Yudin, with assistance from Tax Partner David Sausen.
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes