Kaye Scholer represented the administrative agent and a lender, as joint lead arranger and joint bookrunner, in a $2.5 billion senior secured asset-based loan facility extended to United Rentals Inc. and certain of its US and Canadian subsidiaries. At United Rentals’ option, the facility size may be increased by up to an additional $1.25 billion (or a greater amount under certain circumstances).
United Rentals, a publicly traded company (NYSE: URI), is the largest equipment rental company in the world, with over 850 rental locations in the United States and Canada, and thousands of classes of equipment for rent to construction and industrial companies, manufacturers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners, government entities and other customers.
Proceeds of the facility will be used to finance United Rentals’ ongoing working capital needs (including purchases of equipment) and other general corporate purposes (including acquisitions and repayment or prepayment of outstanding debt).
The Kaye Scholer team included Finance Partner Gary Bernstein, Counsel Jeffrey Misher and Associate Mendel Yudin, with assistance from Tax Partner David Sausen.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions