Kaye Scholer represented the administrative agent and a lender, as joint lead arranger and joint bookrunner, in a $2.5 billion senior secured asset-based loan facility extended to United Rentals Inc. and certain of its US and Canadian subsidiaries. At United Rentals’ option, the facility size may be increased by up to an additional $1.25 billion (or a greater amount under certain circumstances).
United Rentals, a publicly traded company (NYSE: URI), is the largest equipment rental company in the world, with over 850 rental locations in the United States and Canada, and thousands of classes of equipment for rent to construction and industrial companies, manufacturers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners, government entities and other customers.
Proceeds of the facility will be used to finance United Rentals’ ongoing working capital needs (including purchases of equipment) and other general corporate purposes (including acquisitions and repayment or prepayment of outstanding debt).
The Kaye Scholer team included Finance Partner Gary Bernstein, Counsel Jeffrey Misher and Associate Mendel Yudin, with assistance from Tax Partner David Sausen.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- ETF.com Featured Moriarty in “How ‘Women in ETFs’ is Making Inroads” August 5, 2016 • Media Mentions
- FDIC Releases Proposed Examination Guidance for Third-Party Lending August 2, 2016 • Client Alerts