Kaye Scholer represented Acuity Investments LLP on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Tower Leasing Limited, a leading equipment finance broker in the UK. Terms of the deal, which was announced 7 May 2015, were not disclosed.
Established in 2014, Acuity is an investment partnership focused on buying companies in the financial services sector, such as specialist lenders or insurance companies.
Acuity plans to be a long-term owner of Tower Leasing and does not contemplate changing the way that Tower conducts its businesses.
“We see a shortage of funding available to SMEs and we want to support Tower in helping SMEs to access finance,” Acuity partner Toby Franklin said. “Tower is nimble and entrepreneurial and has significant growth aspirations, but importantly, it is thoughtful and cautious and has a considered approach to growth. Overall, Tower aims to continue to provide an expert and consistent service to those businesses looking to invest and grow.”
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Corporate partners Andrew Harris and David Gerber, and included Tax partner Daniel Lewin and trainee solicitor Sherry Scrivens.
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions