Kaye Scholer Advises Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc on Acquisition of 23 Care Home Facilities in the UK
Kaye Scholer represented Real Estate Investment Trust, Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (“Omega”) on its acquisition and lease back transaction concerning 23 care home facilities in the UK with Healthcare Homes Group Ltd., a provider of care home and domiciliary care services to the elderly in the UK. The transaction, which closed on May 1 for approximately $180 million, is Omega’s first foray into the UK in many years.
Omega provides financing and capital to the long-term healthcare industry with a particular focus on skilled nursing facilities located in the United States. Omega has a portfolio of investments, including over 900 properties located in 41 states, which are run by 81 different operators and has a market cap of $6.3 billion.
“We congratulate Omega on its significant expansion into a promising geography,” said Kaye Scholer New York Corporate Partner John Fallon, who led the transaction. “Healthcare Homes will provide an excellent platform for future growth by way of further acquisition and lease back transactions and also capital expenditures for their existing facilities.”
London Corporate Partner Sean Scanlon, who led the UK based team, added: “We’re delighted to have been able to leverage Kaye Scholer’s US and UK expertise to help Omega successfully close this transaction in the UK market.”
Dan Booth, Chief Operating Officer of Omega, commented: “The team at Kaye Scholer provided us with invaluable advice and expert guidance throughout the transaction, all the more important as this was our first deal outside the US market in many years.”
In addition to Fallon and Scanlon, the Kaye Scholer team representing Omega included London Corporate Partner David Gerber; London Tax Partner Daniel Lewin; New York Corporate Associate John Csuka; and London Corporate Associate Amy Utley.
Nabarro LLP assisted Kaye Scholer in the Omega transaction by providing advice on certain UK real estate aspects of the transaction. The Nabarro team was led by London Real Estate Partner Candice Blackwood.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes