Kaye Scholer Advises Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc on Acquisition of 23 Care Home Facilities in the UK
Kaye Scholer represented Real Estate Investment Trust, Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (“Omega”) on its acquisition and lease back transaction concerning 23 care home facilities in the UK with Healthcare Homes Group Ltd., a provider of care home and domiciliary care services to the elderly in the UK. The transaction, which closed on May 1 for approximately $180 million, is Omega’s first foray into the UK in many years.
Omega provides financing and capital to the long-term healthcare industry with a particular focus on skilled nursing facilities located in the United States. Omega has a portfolio of investments, including over 900 properties located in 41 states, which are run by 81 different operators and has a market cap of $6.3 billion.
“We congratulate Omega on its significant expansion into a promising geography,” said Kaye Scholer New York Corporate Partner John Fallon, who led the transaction. “Healthcare Homes will provide an excellent platform for future growth by way of further acquisition and lease back transactions and also capital expenditures for their existing facilities.”
London Corporate Partner Sean Scanlon, who led the UK based team, added: “We’re delighted to have been able to leverage Kaye Scholer’s US and UK expertise to help Omega successfully close this transaction in the UK market.”
Dan Booth, Chief Operating Officer of Omega, commented: “The team at Kaye Scholer provided us with invaluable advice and expert guidance throughout the transaction, all the more important as this was our first deal outside the US market in many years.”
In addition to Fallon and Scanlon, the Kaye Scholer team representing Omega included London Corporate Partner David Gerber; London Tax Partner Daniel Lewin; New York Corporate Associate John Csuka; and London Corporate Associate Amy Utley.
Nabarro LLP assisted Kaye Scholer in the Omega transaction by providing advice on certain UK real estate aspects of the transaction. The Nabarro team was led by London Real Estate Partner Candice Blackwood.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles