Kaye Scholer is representing its client Wheels Up Partners Holdings LLC, a membership-based private aviation company, in a new capital round of up to $115 million led by funds and trusts managed by T. Rowe Price. Wheels Up completed the first closing of its sale of Class B Preferred Interests on September 18, 2015 to various institutional investors, including funds and trusts managed by Fidelity Management and Research Company and New Enterprise Associates, respectively.
According to Wheels Up founder and CEO Kenny Dichter, this latest round of financing will fuel the company’s United States expansion, set up a base of operations in Europe, and enhance the company’s technology platform, which includes a unique member-to-member ride-sharing feature.
In summer 2013, Kaye Scholer represented Wheels Up in negotiating its $1.4 billion order from Beechcraft, which is believed to be the largest general aviation propeller-driven aircraft order in history. In June 2015, the firm assisted Wheels Up in exercising an additional purchase option for 35 additional turboprop aircraft from Beechcraft.
The Kaye Scholer team for the current capital raise included partners Thomas Yadlon, John Geelan, Laurie Abramowitz, Michael Mulitz and Jeff London and associates Maria Reda, Eric Levine, Kate Gracia and Brian Witkowski.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes