Kaye Scholer is representing its client Wheels Up Partners Holdings LLC, a membership-based private aviation company, in a new capital round of up to $115 million led by funds and trusts managed by T. Rowe Price. Wheels Up completed the first closing of its sale of Class B Preferred Interests on September 18, 2015 to various institutional investors, including funds and trusts managed by Fidelity Management and Research Company and New Enterprise Associates, respectively.
According to Wheels Up founder and CEO Kenny Dichter, this latest round of financing will fuel the company’s United States expansion, set up a base of operations in Europe, and enhance the company’s technology platform, which includes a unique member-to-member ride-sharing feature.
In summer 2013, Kaye Scholer represented Wheels Up in negotiating its $1.4 billion order from Beechcraft, which is believed to be the largest general aviation propeller-driven aircraft order in history. In June 2015, the firm assisted Wheels Up in exercising an additional purchase option for 35 additional turboprop aircraft from Beechcraft.
The Kaye Scholer team for the current capital raise included partners Thomas Yadlon, John Geelan, Laurie Abramowitz, Michael Mulitz and Jeff London and associates Maria Reda, Eric Levine, Kate Gracia and Brian Witkowski.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes