Kaye Scholer recently represented leading private equity firm The Halifax Group in the sale of its portfolio company, Caring Brands International, a leading worldwide franchisor of home healthcare services, to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners. Terms of the deal, which was announced September 29, were not disclosed.
Halifax, which partners with management to invest in entrepreneurial companies, formed Caring Brands in 2013 to serve as the holding company for its home healthcare franchise businesses. Today, Florida-based Caring Brands is a leading franchisor of home healthcare services providing a full continuum of home health services under three global brands—Interim HealthCare (US), Bluebird Care (UK and Ireland) and Just Better Care (Australia)—in more than 530 locations in seven countries.
Corporate partner Stephen Koval and counsel Aaron Gardner led the Kaye Scholer transaction team, which also included partners Laurie Abramowitz, Sheryl Gittlitz and Jeffrey London, counsels William Lonergan, Peter Danias, John Rynkiewicz and Mary Lou Zwick, and associates Connie Ericson, Amita Gopinath, Shay Soltani and Tyler Conway.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes