Kaye Scholer recently represented leading private equity firm The Halifax Group in the sale of its portfolio company, Caring Brands International, a leading worldwide franchisor of home healthcare services, to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners. Terms of the deal, which was announced September 29, were not disclosed.
Halifax, which partners with management to invest in entrepreneurial companies, formed Caring Brands in 2013 to serve as the holding company for its home healthcare franchise businesses. Today, Florida-based Caring Brands is a leading franchisor of home healthcare services providing a full continuum of home health services under three global brands—Interim HealthCare (US), Bluebird Care (UK and Ireland) and Just Better Care (Australia)—in more than 530 locations in seven countries.
Corporate partner Stephen Koval and counsel Aaron Gardner led the Kaye Scholer transaction team, which also included partners Laurie Abramowitz, Sheryl Gittlitz and Jeffrey London, counsels William Lonergan, Peter Danias, John Rynkiewicz and Mary Lou Zwick, and associates Connie Ericson, Amita Gopinath, Shay Soltani and Tyler Conway.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts