Kaye Scholer represented the placement agents in Colony American Finance’s securitization of loans secured primarily by single-family rental properties. The securitization, which closed October 29, 2015, is valued at $252 million.
This unique transaction involves a relatively new asset class—a cross between commercial and residential mortgages—and a new structure for the asset class, utilizing a Cayman Islands issuer of secured notes rather than a REMIC pass-through structure.
Colony American Finance is one of the first companies to complete a securitization of loans backed by single-family rental properties. Most previous securitizations of single-family rental properties have involved securitization of a single loan backed by all properties involved in the transaction.
Kaye Scholer previously advised on the warehouse financing of most of the loans included in this securitization transaction.
The Kaye Scholer team included Finance Department chair Henry Morriello, Karsten Giesecke, Daniel Hartnett, Susan Rhee,Bill Fellerhoff and Kathleen Wechter, with Willys Schneider and Gregg Benson addressing tax issues.
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes