Kaye Scholer has advised Veling Ltd. (“Veling”), a niche aircraft leasing company, in its partnership with Flexpoint Ford, LLC (“Flexpoint Ford”), a private equity firm focused on the financial services and healthcare sectors. The partnership will provide London and Mauritius-based Veling with equity capital to support the purchase and leaseback of over $1 billion of commercial aircraft to high-quality airlines over the next two years.
London-based Finance partner Sidanth Rajagopal and New-York based Corporate partner Mark Kingsley led this successful cross-office, cross-practice transaction for Veling, underscoring Kaye Scholer’s focus on rapidly expanding its international Corporate and Finance practices and further strengthening the ties between its global network of offices. Associates LaToya Edwards and Manuela Krach also assisted on the transaction.
Kaye Scholer’s Aviation Finance & Leasing Practice comprises a deep bench of senior lawyers adept at guiding deal participants through complex domestic, cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions. The firm leverages its extensive and longstanding relationships with leading commercial and investment banks, airlines, operating lessors, private equity funds and other key players in the aviation market to bring its intimate knowledge and understanding of global markets to businesses in the aviation sector looking to transact internationally.
“We are delighted to partner with the Veling team,” commented Steven L. Begleiter, Managing Director of Flexpoint Ford. “We have been highly impressed by their approach to this growing segment of the aircraft leasing market and believe their niche strategy and ability to scale positions them well for continued, long-term success.”
Michael W. Vostrizansky, Principal of Flexpoint Ford, added, “We believe the Veling team’s capabilities are truly differentiated with meaningful long-term relationships spanning the aviation industry, end-to-end, full-service capabilities in-house, and a disciplined investment process that has developed a strong track record over the past two decades. Our partnership will allow Veling to provide airline clients with timely, flexible and creative solutions to their long-term operating and capital needs, expanding on Veling’s already proven strategy and success.”
Kaye Scholer’s London office brings together an exceptional team of lawyers, many of whom have been recognized by major publications as leaders in their practice areas. Kaye Scholer’s capabilities in London are aligned with London’s finance-centric economy and its position as a gateway to global markets. Given our clients’ needs around the world, the London office’s extensive experience in capital markets, transportation, corporate/M&A, financial restructuring, international finance, structured finance, financial regulation, litigation, tax and projects enables us to effectively serve our clients in London, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
This platform, especially when paired with Kaye Scholer’s multidisciplinary bench strength in the US, helps clients maximize their opportunities in markets around the world.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles