Kaye Scholer has advised Veling Ltd. (“Veling”), a niche aircraft leasing company, in its partnership with Flexpoint Ford, LLC (“Flexpoint Ford”), a private equity firm focused on the financial services and healthcare sectors. The partnership will provide London and Mauritius-based Veling with equity capital to support the purchase and leaseback of over $1 billion of commercial aircraft to high-quality airlines over the next two years.
London-based Finance partner Sidanth Rajagopal and New-York based Corporate partner Mark Kingsley led this successful cross-office, cross-practice transaction for Veling, underscoring Kaye Scholer’s focus on rapidly expanding its international Corporate and Finance practices and further strengthening the ties between its global network of offices. Associates LaToya Edwards and Manuela Krach also assisted on the transaction.
Kaye Scholer’s Aviation Finance & Leasing Practice comprises a deep bench of senior lawyers adept at guiding deal participants through complex domestic, cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions. The firm leverages its extensive and longstanding relationships with leading commercial and investment banks, airlines, operating lessors, private equity funds and other key players in the aviation market to bring its intimate knowledge and understanding of global markets to businesses in the aviation sector looking to transact internationally.
“We are delighted to partner with the Veling team,” commented Steven L. Begleiter, Managing Director of Flexpoint Ford. “We have been highly impressed by their approach to this growing segment of the aircraft leasing market and believe their niche strategy and ability to scale positions them well for continued, long-term success.”
Michael W. Vostrizansky, Principal of Flexpoint Ford, added, “We believe the Veling team’s capabilities are truly differentiated with meaningful long-term relationships spanning the aviation industry, end-to-end, full-service capabilities in-house, and a disciplined investment process that has developed a strong track record over the past two decades. Our partnership will allow Veling to provide airline clients with timely, flexible and creative solutions to their long-term operating and capital needs, expanding on Veling’s already proven strategy and success.”
Kaye Scholer’s London office brings together an exceptional team of lawyers, many of whom have been recognized by major publications as leaders in their practice areas. Kaye Scholer’s capabilities in London are aligned with London’s finance-centric economy and its position as a gateway to global markets. Given our clients’ needs around the world, the London office’s extensive experience in capital markets, transportation, corporate/M&A, financial restructuring, international finance, structured finance, financial regulation, litigation, tax and projects enables us to effectively serve our clients in London, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
This platform, especially when paired with Kaye Scholer’s multidisciplinary bench strength in the US, helps clients maximize their opportunities in markets around the world.
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes