Kaye Scholer represented AGF Management Limited, one of Canada’s premier independent investment management firms, in its strategic acquisition of an ownership stake in Boston-based exchange traded funds (ETF) advisor and asset management firm FFCM.
The deal, announced November 17, strengthens AGF’s core competency in developing and managing quantitative solutions that focus on risk mitigation while offering active market participation. It also enables AGF to grow its US distribution capabilities.
As ETF strategists, FFCM creates, structures and manages ETFs with a thorough understanding of the underlying instruments for better asset allocation and risk control.
FFCM is currently co-portfolio advisor of AGF US Sector Class, a fund designed to participate in rising markets while placing an emphasis on minimizing drawdown and preserving capital during market declines.
The Kaye Scholer team on the AGF-FFCM work was led by Corporate partners Steven Canner and Mel Cherney and counsel Michael Penney, and included Tax partner David Sausen and Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits partner Jeff London and associate Brian Witkowski.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts