Kaye Scholer represented AGF Management Limited, one of Canada’s premier independent investment management firms, in its strategic acquisition of an ownership stake in Boston-based exchange traded funds (ETF) advisor and asset management firm FFCM.
The deal, announced November 17, strengthens AGF’s core competency in developing and managing quantitative solutions that focus on risk mitigation while offering active market participation. It also enables AGF to grow its US distribution capabilities.
As ETF strategists, FFCM creates, structures and manages ETFs with a thorough understanding of the underlying instruments for better asset allocation and risk control.
FFCM is currently co-portfolio advisor of AGF US Sector Class, a fund designed to participate in rising markets while placing an emphasis on minimizing drawdown and preserving capital during market declines.
The Kaye Scholer team on the AGF-FFCM work was led by Corporate partners Steven Canner and Mel Cherney and counsel Michael Penney, and included Tax partner David Sausen and Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits partner Jeff London and associate Brian Witkowski.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes