Kaye Scholer advised private equity firm American Securities and portfolio company Robertson Fuel Systems LLC on Robertson’s sale to HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. The $255 million cash deal, which was announced December 21, is expected to expand HEICO’s military aviation offerings.
Tempe, Ariz.-based Robertson is the acknowledged world leader in manufacturing crashworthy and ballistically self-sealing auxiliary fuel systems for military helicopters. Hollywood, Fla.-based HEICO makes niche products for aviation, defense, space and other electronics applications.
In a statement about the deal, American Securities recognized Robertson for its dedication to self-funded product development and strong customer service. Robertson CEO Newman Shufflebarger said Robertson looked forward to being part of the HEICO family because of their common corporate culture. “We both place serving our customers’ missions first and value our colleagues for their remarkable skills and hard work,” he said.
The Kaye Scholer team for this deal included Corporate partners Mel Cherney and Thomas Yadlon and associates Tracy Belton and Marisa Silver, Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits partner Jeffrey London and associate Brian Witkowski, Real Estate associate David Harty, Environmental associate Connie Ericson, Government Contracts partner Ronald Henry and Tax & Private Clients partner Laurie Abramowitz.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes