Kaye Scholer advised private equity firm American Securities and portfolio company Robertson Fuel Systems LLC on Robertson’s sale to HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. The $255 million cash deal, which was announced December 21, is expected to expand HEICO’s military aviation offerings.
Tempe, Ariz.-based Robertson is the acknowledged world leader in manufacturing crashworthy and ballistically self-sealing auxiliary fuel systems for military helicopters. Hollywood, Fla.-based HEICO makes niche products for aviation, defense, space and other electronics applications.
In a statement about the deal, American Securities recognized Robertson for its dedication to self-funded product development and strong customer service. Robertson CEO Newman Shufflebarger said Robertson looked forward to being part of the HEICO family because of their common corporate culture. “We both place serving our customers’ missions first and value our colleagues for their remarkable skills and hard work,” he said.
The Kaye Scholer team for this deal included Corporate partners Mel Cherney and Thomas Yadlon and associates Tracy Belton and Marisa Silver, Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits partner Jeffrey London and associate Brian Witkowski, Real Estate associate David Harty, Environmental associate Connie Ericson, Government Contracts partner Ronald Henry and Tax & Private Clients partner Laurie Abramowitz.
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles