Washington DC-based partner and US Army Reserves Colonel Mark Maier was the deputy Defense Coordinating Officer (DCO) during Exercise Vibrant Response 2016 where he organized the initial response, led crisis action teams, conducted command update briefs and served as the DCO in his absence. This event is a U.S. Northern Command field training exercise designed to improve consequence management force’s response to catastrophic incidents from chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive attacks.
In addition to being a National Security partner at Kaye Scholer, Maier is the US Army North’s Emergency Preparedness Office for Maryland. This position is part of the Department of Defense Support of Civil Authorities program which saves lives and reduces damage in response to attacks, natural disasters and civil unrest.
Vibrant Response 2016 simulated and tested reactions to a large explosion of an improvised nuclear device in a highly populated area using a dual-status commander, real time operations and computer simulations. Participants included responders from federal, state and local civilian agencies alongside Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine military service members from the National Guard, Active Duty and Reserves.
Also of Interest
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Maier Featured in Congressional Quarterly on CFIUS and Foreign Investment July 26, 2016 • Media Mentions
- NISPOM’s New Insider Threat Program Is an Opportunity to Establish Competitive Edge July 13, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Mark Maier Joins Kaye Scholer’s Washington, DC Office February 11, 2016 • Firm News
- Was bedeutet das Safe Harbor-Urteil des EuGH für die Privatwirtschaft? Hat es Auswirkungen auf FATCA? 23. Oktober 2015 • Reports / Newsletters
- EU’s Highest Court Declares the US-EU Safe Harbor Agreement for Data Sharing “Inadequate” October 6, 2015 • Client Alerts
- Corporate Alert: Commerce Department Requires US Companies to Submit Filings Regarding Certain Foreign Affiliates April 10, 2015 • Client Alerts
- Report Highlights Continued Need for CFIUS Planning March 2, 2015 • Articles
- National Security Alert: The CFIUS 2014 Annual Report Highlights Notable Foreign Investment Trends February 26, 2015 • Client Alerts