Kaye Scholer Intellectual Property attorneys secured a second significant victory for Olympus America Inc. in a patent infringement dispute brought by Perfect Surgical Techniques Inc.
The Federal Circuit upheld a Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) inter partes review decision invalidating as obvious ten claims in an electrosurgical generator patent owned by Perfect Surgical Techniques. Perfect Surgical Techniques had sued Olympus on this patent in November 2012 in the Northern District of California, asserting that Olympus’s surgical products infringed the claims and Olympus challenged the claims in IPR and stayed the district court litigation in late 2013.
Intellectual Property partner Deborah Fishman, counsel Katie Scott and associate Marisa Armanino Williams represented Olympus America.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles