Kaye Scholer Intellectual Property attorneys secured a second significant victory for Olympus America Inc. in a patent infringement dispute brought by Perfect Surgical Techniques Inc.
The Federal Circuit upheld a Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) inter partes review decision invalidating as obvious ten claims in an electrosurgical generator patent owned by Perfect Surgical Techniques. Perfect Surgical Techniques had sued Olympus on this patent in November 2012 in the Northern District of California, asserting that Olympus’s surgical products infringed the claims and Olympus challenged the claims in IPR and stayed the district court litigation in late 2013.
Intellectual Property partner Deborah Fishman, counsel Katie Scott and associate Marisa Armanino Williams represented Olympus America.
Also of Interest
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- 3D Printing: New Life Sciences Technology and Old Product Liability Claims August 1, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Secures Complete Motion to Dismiss for Redwood Capital July 22, 2016 • Client Successes
- NISPOM’s New Insider Threat Program Is an Opportunity to Establish Competitive Edge July 13, 2016 • Client Alerts