Kaye Scholer represented AWH Partners LLC, a privately held real estate investment, development and management firm, in the closing and acquisition of the Seattle Airport Marriott from Host Hotels and Resorts. AWH has acquired the property along with joint venture partner Starr Companies, a global insurance and investment organization.
“The acquisition of the institutional quality Seattle Airport Marriott is further evidence of our strategy identifying diversified, opportunistic investments in robust markets,” says Jon Rosenfeld, principal of AWH Partners. “We are making this investment at an attractive basis where we see real opportunity for driving value through both renovations and operations, in a market that has seen consistent growth of both leisure and commercial demand.”
AWH has engaged Spire Hospitality to operate the property, replacing long-time manager Marriott Hotels. With the addition of this hotel, AWH Partners has acquired 21 hotels comprising 6,695 rooms since 2010.
Real Estate partner Jeffrey Kapner, counsel Scott Levine and associate Ali Krimmer advised AWH on the deal.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises Celestica in Asset Acquisition from Karel Manufacturing December 9, 2016 • Client Successes
- OCC Proposes Special Fintech Bank Charter December 9, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions