Kaye Scholer represented AWH Partners LLC, a privately held real estate investment, development and management firm, in the closing and acquisition of the Seattle Airport Marriott from Host Hotels and Resorts. AWH has acquired the property along with joint venture partner Starr Companies, a global insurance and investment organization.
“The acquisition of the institutional quality Seattle Airport Marriott is further evidence of our strategy identifying diversified, opportunistic investments in robust markets,” says Jon Rosenfeld, principal of AWH Partners. “We are making this investment at an attractive basis where we see real opportunity for driving value through both renovations and operations, in a market that has seen consistent growth of both leisure and commercial demand.”
AWH has engaged Spire Hospitality to operate the property, replacing long-time manager Marriott Hotels. With the addition of this hotel, AWH Partners has acquired 21 hotels comprising 6,695 rooms since 2010.
Real Estate partner Jeffrey Kapner, counsel Scott Levine and associate Ali Krimmer advised AWH on the deal.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles