Kaye Scholer represented private equity firm NexPhase Capital in its acquisition of Zing Zang, an Illinois-based leading independent marketer of nonalcoholic cocktail mixes under the Zing Zang brand, with particular focus on Bloody Mary mixes. As part of the transaction, which was announced July 6, 2016, NexPhase operating partner Doug Corbett will join Zing Zang as chairman of the board of directors.
To accelerate Zing Zang’s strategic growth and take the company to the next level, NPC plans to lead a variety of initiatives including promotional and merchandising support, distribution gains, product innovation and increased brand marketing. In addition, Zing Zang will partner with existing distributor and broker networks to better serve its customers and consumers.
The Kaye Scholer team for this transaction included Corporate partner Stephen Koval and associate LaToya Edwards, Tax & Private Clients partner Laurie Abramowitz and counsel Kathleen Wechter, Intellectual Property counsel John Rynkiewicz, Finance partner Alan Glantz, counsel Lauretta Moran and associate Catalina Ford and Corporate associate Connie Ericson.
New York-based NexPhase Capital is a sector-focused independent private equity firm that makes control investments in lower middle market growth-oriented companies. Founded by the former principals of Moelis Capital Partners, NexPhase sub-advises $872 million of private equity capital.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes