Kaye Scholer represented private equity firm NexPhase Capital in its acquisition of Zing Zang, an Illinois-based leading independent marketer of nonalcoholic cocktail mixes under the Zing Zang brand, with particular focus on Bloody Mary mixes. As part of the transaction, which was announced July 6, 2016, NexPhase operating partner Doug Corbett will join Zing Zang as chairman of the board of directors.
To accelerate Zing Zang’s strategic growth and take the company to the next level, NPC plans to lead a variety of initiatives including promotional and merchandising support, distribution gains, product innovation and increased brand marketing. In addition, Zing Zang will partner with existing distributor and broker networks to better serve its customers and consumers.
The Kaye Scholer team for this transaction included Corporate partner Stephen Koval and associate LaToya Edwards, Tax & Private Clients partner Laurie Abramowitz and counsel Kathleen Wechter, Intellectual Property counsel John Rynkiewicz, Finance partner Alan Glantz, counsel Lauretta Moran and associate Catalina Ford and Corporate associate Connie Ericson.
New York-based NexPhase Capital is a sector-focused independent private equity firm that makes control investments in lower middle market growth-oriented companies. Founded by the former principals of Moelis Capital Partners, NexPhase sub-advises $872 million of private equity capital.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles