Kaye Scholer represented private equity firm NexPhase Capital in its acquisition of Zing Zang, an Illinois-based leading independent marketer of nonalcoholic cocktail mixes under the Zing Zang brand, with particular focus on Bloody Mary mixes. As part of the transaction, which was announced July 6, 2016, NexPhase operating partner Doug Corbett will join Zing Zang as chairman of the board of directors.
To accelerate Zing Zang’s strategic growth and take the company to the next level, NPC plans to lead a variety of initiatives including promotional and merchandising support, distribution gains, product innovation and increased brand marketing. In addition, Zing Zang will partner with existing distributor and broker networks to better serve its customers and consumers.
The Kaye Scholer team for this transaction included Corporate partner Stephen Koval and associate LaToya Edwards, Tax & Private Clients partner Laurie Abramowitz and counsel Kathleen Wechter, Intellectual Property counsel John Rynkiewicz, Finance partner Alan Glantz, counsel Lauretta Moran and associate Catalina Ford and Corporate associate Connie Ericson.
New York-based NexPhase Capital is a sector-focused independent private equity firm that makes control investments in lower middle market growth-oriented companies. Founded by the former principals of Moelis Capital Partners, NexPhase sub-advises $872 million of private equity capital.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts