Kaye Scholer advised private investment firm Veracen LP on its merger of equals with Turner Investments LP, the investment adviser to the Turner Funds. The transaction, which was announced in July and closed on August 23, 2016, unites Veracen’s proprietary operating platform and disciplined investment process with Turner’s existing 26-year legacy of active investing.
The combined organization will operate under the Turner name. Calling the union a “historic milestone,” Turner founder and managing partner Robert Turner, CFA, said the combined organization would renew Turner’s industry leadership position by leveraging complementary talent, capabilities and resources to focus on creating actively managed portfolios designed to provide lower volatility and stronger downside protection.
Kaye Scholer's New York-based Corporate Department co-chair Stephen Koval led the transaction team for Veracen, which also included Chicago-based Corporate counsel Michael Penney and Silicon Valley-based Corporate associate Aileen Chou.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes