Kaye Scholer advised private investment firm Veracen LP on its merger of equals with Turner Investments LP, the investment adviser to the Turner Funds. The transaction, which was announced in July and closed on August 23, 2016, unites Veracen’s proprietary operating platform and disciplined investment process with Turner’s existing 26-year legacy of active investing.
The combined organization will operate under the Turner name. Calling the union a “historic milestone,” Turner founder and managing partner Robert Turner, CFA, said the combined organization would renew Turner’s industry leadership position by leveraging complementary talent, capabilities and resources to focus on creating actively managed portfolios designed to provide lower volatility and stronger downside protection.
Kaye Scholer's New York-based Corporate Department co-chair Stephen Koval led the transaction team for Veracen, which also included Chicago-based Corporate counsel Michael Penney and Silicon Valley-based Corporate associate Aileen Chou.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions