Kaye Scholer advised private investment firm Veracen LP on its merger of equals with Turner Investments LP, the investment adviser to the Turner Funds. The transaction, which was announced in July and closed on August 23, 2016, unites Veracen’s proprietary operating platform and disciplined investment process with Turner’s existing 26-year legacy of active investing.
The combined organization will operate under the Turner name. Calling the union a “historic milestone,” Turner founder and managing partner Robert Turner, CFA, said the combined organization would renew Turner’s industry leadership position by leveraging complementary talent, capabilities and resources to focus on creating actively managed portfolios designed to provide lower volatility and stronger downside protection.
Kaye Scholer's New York-based Corporate Department co-chair Stephen Koval led the transaction team for Veracen, which also included Chicago-based Corporate counsel Michael Penney and Silicon Valley-based Corporate associate Aileen Chou.
Also of Interest
- Get a Hold of Your QSBS Holding Period December 2, 2016 • Articles
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts