Kaye Scholer Frankfurt represented the shareholders of Germany-based ILS Innovative Labor Systeme and Zinsser Analytic (ZA) in the sale of all of their shares in both companies to Gardner Denver Medical, a KKR portfolio company. Starting September 1, 2016, ILS and ZA are part of Gardner Denver Medical Group.
“With Gardner Denver, we have found a new owner who shares our mission and is committed to building on the business we started 46 years ago,” said ILS and ZA owners Werner and Christel Zinsser.
ILS is a leading manufacturer of glass syringes and a global supplier to the world's leading laboratory equipment manufacturers, laboratories and laboratory consumables distributors. ILS is located in Stützerbach, Thuringia, Germany, an area with a long history of glass manufacturing. ZA, headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is an established provider of customized laboratory solutions and complementary consumable products. ZA has unique capabilities in developing automated fluid and powder handling systems for the biochemical, pharmaceutical and diagnostic research markets.
Pennsylvania-based Gardner Denver Medical is a leader in flow-control products for medical, life sciences and selected other industries. The ILS and Zinsser acquisitions are expected to further its strategic vision of being a fully integrated, unique single-source provider of technical solutions of high-qualified laboratory automation and appropriate syringe systems.
Frankfurt-based Antitrust partner Dr. Sebastian Jungermann led the Kaye Scholer transaction team, which included partners Dr. Annette Bödeker (Corporate, M&A), Dr. Martin Weger (Tax) and Wolfgang Leip (IP), and associates Pascal Heynen (Corporate, Tax), Dr. Jens Steger (Antitrust), Nina Marcus (Employment & Labor) and Maximilian Reichl (Litigation).
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions