Kaye Scholer Frankfurt represented the shareholders of Germany-based ILS Innovative Labor Systeme and Zinsser Analytic (ZA) in the sale of all of their shares in both companies to Gardner Denver Medical, a KKR portfolio company. Starting September 1, 2016, ILS and ZA are part of Gardner Denver Medical Group.
“With Gardner Denver, we have found a new owner who shares our mission and is committed to building on the business we started 46 years ago,” said ILS and ZA owners Werner and Christel Zinsser.
ILS is a leading manufacturer of glass syringes and a global supplier to the world's leading laboratory equipment manufacturers, laboratories and laboratory consumables distributors. ILS is located in Stützerbach, Thuringia, Germany, an area with a long history of glass manufacturing. ZA, headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is an established provider of customized laboratory solutions and complementary consumable products. ZA has unique capabilities in developing automated fluid and powder handling systems for the biochemical, pharmaceutical and diagnostic research markets.
Pennsylvania-based Gardner Denver Medical is a leader in flow-control products for medical, life sciences and selected other industries. The ILS and Zinsser acquisitions are expected to further its strategic vision of being a fully integrated, unique single-source provider of technical solutions of high-qualified laboratory automation and appropriate syringe systems.
Frankfurt-based Antitrust partner Dr. Sebastian Jungermann led the Kaye Scholer transaction team, which included partners Dr. Annette Bödeker (Corporate, M&A), Dr. Martin Weger (Tax) and Wolfgang Leip (IP), and associates Pascal Heynen (Corporate, Tax), Dr. Jens Steger (Antitrust), Nina Marcus (Employment & Labor) and Maximilian Reichl (Litigation).
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles