Kaye Scholer Frankfurt represented the shareholders of Germany-based ILS Innovative Labor Systeme and Zinsser Analytic (ZA) in the sale of all of their shares in both companies to Gardner Denver Medical, a KKR portfolio company. Starting September 1, 2016, ILS and ZA are part of Gardner Denver Medical Group.
“With Gardner Denver, we have found a new owner who shares our mission and is committed to building on the business we started 46 years ago,” said ILS and ZA owners Werner and Christel Zinsser.
ILS is a leading manufacturer of glass syringes and a global supplier to the world's leading laboratory equipment manufacturers, laboratories and laboratory consumables distributors. ILS is located in Stützerbach, Thuringia, Germany, an area with a long history of glass manufacturing. ZA, headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is an established provider of customized laboratory solutions and complementary consumable products. ZA has unique capabilities in developing automated fluid and powder handling systems for the biochemical, pharmaceutical and diagnostic research markets.
Pennsylvania-based Gardner Denver Medical is a leader in flow-control products for medical, life sciences and selected other industries. The ILS and Zinsser acquisitions are expected to further its strategic vision of being a fully integrated, unique single-source provider of technical solutions of high-qualified laboratory automation and appropriate syringe systems.
Frankfurt-based Antitrust partner Dr. Sebastian Jungermann led the Kaye Scholer transaction team, which included partners Dr. Annette Bödeker (Corporate, M&A), Dr. Martin Weger (Tax) and Wolfgang Leip (IP), and associates Pascal Heynen (Corporate, Tax), Dr. Jens Steger (Antitrust), Nina Marcus (Employment & Labor) and Maximilian Reichl (Litigation).
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes