Kaye Scholer recently represented Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. in obtaining a $250 million unsecured credit facility with The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd., the administrative agent, joint lead arranger and joint book runner, and Capital One, National Association, the syndication agent, joint lead arranger and joint book runner. The unsecured credit facility, obtained on December 16, 2015 and due in 2022, is comprised of a $250 million unsecured term loan facility and includes an “accordion feature” permitting Omega to expand its borrowing capacity to a total of $400 million.
Dan Booth, Omega’s Chief Operating Officer, noted Kaye Scholer’s role in obtaining the financing flexibility that will help advance the company’s growing business and marketplace objectives. “Our long-time team at Kaye Scholer and their experience securing new sources and competitive terms for such financings was particularly beneficial in this transaction,” he said.
“We congratulate Omega on its unique financing with a new lender. We are pleased to once again serve our longtime client Omega and we look forward to helping them as they continue to grow their business in the United States and internationally,” said Corporate partner John Fallon, who led the Kaye Scholer team on this transaction.
Omega intends to use the net proceeds to refinance existing indebtedness, finance acquisitions, funding working capital and capital expenditures or for general corporate purposes.
Omega is a Maryland-based publicly traded REIT that invests in and provides financing to the long-term care industry. As of late 2015, Omega’s portfolio of investments includes 900 properties located in 42 US states and the United Kingdom.
In addition to Fallon, the Kaye Scholer team included Corporate partner Chris Peterson and associates John Csuka and Chris Konieczny.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts