Kaye Scholer represented Novartis subsidiary Sandoz, a world leader in generic pharmaceuticals, in a collaboration agreement with biotechnology company MedinCell. Under terms of the agreement, which was announced February 4, the alliance will develop and commercialize long-acting injectable drug products based on BEPO™ technology, with a primary focus on oncology.
The technology to deliver long-acting injectable drugs is rapidly advancing the world of pharmacology. The ability to provide a subcutaneous controlled release of drugs for days, weeks or even months has the potential to offer significant advantages over current delivery mechanisms, including patient compliance with a prescription regimen, efficacy and tolerability.
Corporate partner Aaron Gardner represented Sandoz in this transaction.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts