Holding Company Houses Cycle Gear Inc. and RevZilla Motorsports LLC
Kaye Scholer recently advised middle-market private equity firm J.W. Childs Equity Partners IV, LP on its investment in Comoto Holdings, Inc., a holding company housing its portfolio company Cycle Gear, Inc. and Revzilla Motorsports, LLC, two of the nation’s leading retailers of apparel, accessories and parts for motorcycle enthusiasts. The transaction closed on February 23, 2016.
Both RevZilla and Cycle Gear will continue to operate as independent sister companies. J.W. Childs had previously invested in Cycle Gear, founded in 1974 and an omni-channel retailer operating in more than 100 stores across the US and dedicated to motorcycle enthusiasts, in a transaction which closed in January of 2015. RevZilla, founded in 2007 by Anthony Bucci, Nick Auger and Matt Kull, is an eCommerce retailer that provides motorcycle enthusiasts with premium apparel, accessories and parts.
Through their combined ownership of Comoto, J.W. Childs and the three RevZilla founders intend to drive further growth through leveraging each company’s respective consumer insights and complementary skills in delivering a best-in-class experience to the motorcycle enthusiast.
Kaye Scholer Corporate Department co-chair Stephen Koval led the transaction, assisted by counsel William Lonergan and associates Shay Soltani, Marisa Silver, LaToya Edwards, Tyler Conway, Sarah Wilhelm and Michael Isaacs. The client team also included Corporate Partner Glynna Christian, counsel Peter Danias and associates Nikki Mondschein and Connie Ericson; Finance partner Alan Glantz, counsel Lauretta Moran and associates Roxanne Mintz and Katy Benitez; Tax & Private Clients partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeffrey London, special counsel Arlene Harris and associates Sarah Soloveichik and Brian Witkowski; Intellectual Property partner Paul Llewellyn; and Litigation partner Sebastian Jungermann and special counsel Glenn Pogust.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters