Since May 2015, Frankfurt-based Litigation partner Sebastian Jungermann and associate Jens Steger have advised Berlin-based Water Integrity Network (WIN), a network of organizations and individuals promoting water integrity to reduce corruption and improve water sector performance worldwide, on the libel review of a new 260-page publication on integrity in water sector developments. Jungermann and Steger provided counsel as to whether the language in the key chapters of the publication could be considered libelous or defamatory. The publication, "Water Integrity Global Outlook 2016 (WIGO)," was launched on March 22, 2016 in Berlin. In the publication, WIN sincerely thanked Kaye Scholer, specifically Jungermann and Steger, for their pro bono libel advice.
WIN works to raise awareness on the impact of corruption especially on the poor and disenfranchised, assesses risk and promotes practical responses. The network's vision is a world with equitable and sustained access to water and a clean environment, which is no longer threatened by corruption, greed, dishonesty and willful malpractice. WIN connects, shares the knowledge, and promotes the organizations and individuals who support integrity in their own work and the work of the water sector worldwide.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions