Since May 2015, Frankfurt-based Litigation partner Sebastian Jungermann and associate Jens Steger have advised Berlin-based Water Integrity Network (WIN), a network of organizations and individuals promoting water integrity to reduce corruption and improve water sector performance worldwide, on the libel review of a new 260-page publication on integrity in water sector developments. Jungermann and Steger provided counsel as to whether the language in the key chapters of the publication could be considered libelous or defamatory. The publication, "Water Integrity Global Outlook 2016 (WIGO)," was launched on March 22, 2016 in Berlin. In the publication, WIN sincerely thanked Kaye Scholer, specifically Jungermann and Steger, for their pro bono libel advice.
WIN works to raise awareness on the impact of corruption especially on the poor and disenfranchised, assesses risk and promotes practical responses. The network's vision is a world with equitable and sustained access to water and a clean environment, which is no longer threatened by corruption, greed, dishonesty and willful malpractice. WIN connects, shares the knowledge, and promotes the organizations and individuals who support integrity in their own work and the work of the water sector worldwide.
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles