Simon Firth, a leading UK funds lawyer, has joined the London office of Kaye Scholer LLP to head the firm's domestic UK funds practice. Firth was previously a partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP.
Simon has advised numerous UK and international fund managers on structuring and marketing a wide variety of investment funds and on related UK and EU regulation. He also has previous experience of US investment advisor regulation.
Kaye Scholer's clients in London include numerous hedge fund managers, private equity firms and traditional investment managers.
"I have worked closely with Simon over the last few years and have the highest regard for his knowledge, commerciality and commitment to his clients," said Timothy Spangler, head of the firm's Investment Funds practice. "In an era of rapid regulatory change and product evolution, clients increasingly demand robust, innovative advice. Simon is uniquely able to advise domestic and international fund promoters on nuances of the legal and regulatory landscape in the United Kingdom.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Proposed Regulations May Disrupt Intercompany Debt Practices May 12, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Funds Liable for ERISA Liabilities of Portfolio Companies: The Latest Sun Capital Decision April 6, 2016 • Client Alerts