Simon Firth, a leading UK funds lawyer, has joined the London office of Kaye Scholer LLP to head the firm's domestic UK funds practice. Firth was previously a partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP.
Simon has advised numerous UK and international fund managers on structuring and marketing a wide variety of investment funds and on related UK and EU regulation. He also has previous experience of US investment advisor regulation.
Kaye Scholer's clients in London include numerous hedge fund managers, private equity firms and traditional investment managers.
"I have worked closely with Simon over the last few years and have the highest regard for his knowledge, commerciality and commitment to his clients," said Timothy Spangler, head of the firm's Investment Funds practice. "In an era of rapid regulatory change and product evolution, clients increasingly demand robust, innovative advice. Simon is uniquely able to advise domestic and international fund promoters on nuances of the legal and regulatory landscape in the United Kingdom.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Proposed Regulations May Disrupt Intercompany Debt Practices May 12, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Funds Liable for ERISA Liabilities of Portfolio Companies: The Latest Sun Capital Decision April 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Lawyers March 2016 • Recognitions
- Distressed Coal—Will the Cycle Ever Turn? February 11, 2016 • Client Alerts
- ILPA Releases New Private Equity Fee Reporting Guidelines; Presses for Additional Fund Transparency February 1, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers UK 2017 Recognizes Firth and Axford January 28, 2016 • Recognitions
- Corporate and Antitrust Alert: FTC Raises Hart-Scott-Rodino Premerger Filing Thresholds January 22, 2016 • Client Alerts