New York – Kaye Scholer LLP announced that, effective January 1, 2010, H. Stephen Castro was elected Partner of the firm and Dr. Martin Weger was named European Partner.
H. Stephen Castro (Business Reorganization and Creditors’ Rights, New York) focuses his practice primarily on the representation of secured and unsecured creditors in out-of-court loan workouts, restructurings and recovery of syndicated loan facilities. He has extensive experience advising multinational financial institutions on the wide range of issues confronting creditors, including strategies for the conversion of debt to equity, restructuring debt acquired at a discount, cross-border insolvency matters and asset dispositions in the insolvency context.
Dr. Martin Weger (Frankfurt) focuses on the areas of tax law, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. He previously served as an academic assistant at the University of Wuerzburg, where he earned his doctorate in corporate law. Dr. Weger also worked as an Associate in the New York office of Kaye Scholer in the fields of tax and corporate finance, and for a major law firm in Singapore. Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Dr. Weger practiced law at the Frankfurt office of another major U.S. law firm.
The firm is also pleased to announce that the following lawyers were promoted to Counsel:
Margarita Y. Ginzburg (Business Reorganization and Creditors’ Rights, New York) concentrates her practice on Chapter 11 reorganizations, representing a variety of debtors-in-possession, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors in all phases of complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 cases, from the filing of the petition through plan confirmation and consummation. Her experience includes representation of debtors-in-possession and creditors’ committees in confirming plans of reorganization or liquidation, obtaining approval of sales of business assets, evaluating complex fraud claims, and prosecuting and defending preference and fraudulent transfer claims.
Andrew K. Solow, a lawyer who is currently working in the legal division of a client, will be named Counsel in the Litigation Department in New York upon his return to the firm in early 2010. Andrew worked on complex litigation, with a focus on pharmaceutical product liability and commercial litigation, when he practiced at Kaye Scholer. He has had extensive state and federal court experience representing major U.S. and international corporations, individual clients, charitable trusts, and private equity funds in all phases of the litigation process, including motion practice, discovery, trial preparation and trial, alternative dispute resolution, appellate work, and end-game/settlement analysis.
Barry Willner, Kaye Scholer’s Managing Partner said: “We take great pride in announcing our new Partner class and Counsel promotions. Each of these individuals exemplifies what it means to be a Kaye Scholer lawyer. Their demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of professional excellence, their capacity to be leaders in our firm and in the legal profession, and the various experiences and perspectives they each offer will serve our clients well.”
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards August 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- 2016 Amendments to Delaware General Corporate Law Include Revisions to... August 22, 2016 • Articles