Unikel’s addition will further expand the firm’s IP Practice in the Chicago and Midwest markets.
Chicago – Kaye Scholer LLP announced today that Robert W. Unikel has joined the firm’s Intellectual Property practice as a Partner in its Chicago office.
Unikel, previously a Partner at Howrey LLP, is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on complex intellectual property matters involving patents and trade secrets for such varied industries as computer software and hardware, financial service software and operations, medical devices and pharmaceuticals, office and consumer products, and complex business methods.
Additionally, Unikel has specific experience in successfully defending against claims of false patent marking under 35 U.S.C. §292. He has managed disputes involving various well-known trademarks, and numerous trade dress matters implicating product and packaging designs and non-traditional source indicators (including color and scent).
Unikel has handled appeals to the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals and to the United States Supreme Court. He regularly counsels businesses and individuals on intellectual property development, protection and licensing strategies.
“I am excited to be joining the talented and diverse group of IP lawyers at Kaye Scholer. The firm not only has a track record of successfully litigating on behalf of its clients, but it also has the deep substantive experience necessary to counsel clients in numerous industries,” said Unikel. “They are the perfect fit for my practice and I look forward to working with my new colleagues.”
Michael B. Solow, Co-Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer and Managing Partner of the firm’s Chicago office, added, “Rob is an important addition to our firm as a whole, and to the Chicago office in particular. He will significantly enhance our ability to serve our clients’ IP needs, especially in matters involving patents and trade secrets.”
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions