Former DLA Piper Private Equity Head Joins as Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer's London Office
LONDON – Kaye Scholer LLP announced today that Andrew B. Harris, one of London's most respected private equity, M&A, and corporate finance lawyers, has joined the firm as Managing Partner of its London office. Harris joins Kaye Scholer from DLA Piper, where he was a Senior Equity Partner and served as Head of its Private Equity practice.
Harris is a recognized leader in private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and disposals/exits. He acts for private equity houses, management teams, and both listed- and non-listed corporations.
Barry Willner, Kaye Scholer's Co-Managing Partner, said "Andrew's joining our firm furthers the major investment by Kaye Scholer in UK and European private equity, corporate and M&A, and supplements our existing transactional practice in London. London is key to our global strategy, and in Andrew, we have found the right leader in terms of quality, personality and business acumen."
"For most US-based law firms in London, the private equity practice centres around serving US-based funds. Andrew's experience will enable Kaye Scholer to focus on advising UK and Europe-based funds, as well as our established US-based clients seeking to invest in the United Kingdom and Europe," said Emanuel S. Cherney, Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer's Corporate & Finance Department.
Harris said, "Kaye Scholer has a leading reputation in the United States and Asia in private equity, M&A and corporate finance. The partnership is determined to ensure that it has the same strength in depth and capabilities in London that it has elsewhere, and I have been very impressed by how committed the firm is to achieving this objective."
Gary J. Gartner, Chair of Kaye Scholer's Tax Department, said "As private equity and mergers & acquisitions continue to become more global, dynamic and complex, we are pleased to have some of the most well respected and highly regarded lawyers serve our clients. Andrew's addition is just one more example of Kaye Scholer's commitment and continuing strategy to build a more dominant international private equity, M&A and corporate finance practice in the key financial markets around the world."
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles