London — Kaye Scholer LLP announced today that Katherine Mulhern, a New York-qualified securities lawyer focusing on international equity and debt capital markets, and corporate lawyer Sean Scanlon, who focuses on private equity-backed transactions and international M&A, will join the firm as Partners in its London office.
“The addition of Katherine and Sean marks another significant milestone in the advancement of our London office’s capabilities, and we look forward to welcoming them to the firm,” said Barry Willner and Michael B. Solow, Co-Managing Partners of Kaye Scholer.
Mulhern has a wide range of experience representing both issuers and underwriters in primary and secondary equity securities issues both in the United Kingdom and internationally, as well as bond offerings (including Yankee and Eurobonds) and high-yield debt. She has worked on a series of high-profile offerings in recent years. Mulhern joins Kaye Scholer from Hogan Lovells, where she was a Partner.
According to the 2010 edition of IFLR 1000, “Katherine Mulhern is praised by clients for her work.” She is listed as a “recommended” lawyer in PLC Which Lawyer (2009) in the area of Capital Markets: Foreign Law Advice. She is also listed as a “legal expert” in the Legal Business Report-2010, as a “leading individual” in equity capital markets in Chambers UK: A Client’s Guide to the Legal Profession and in The Legal 500 as an expert in US equity capital markets.
Scanlon has advised on a wide variety of private equity and corporate transactions and regularly acts for leading private equity houses, real estate investors and management teams. Scanlon was recommended as a promising young Partner in the private equity section of Chambers UK (2008). Scanlon joins Kaye Scholer from DLA Piper, where he was a Partner.
Andrew Harris, Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer’s London office, said, “London is central to the firm’s global strategy and Katherine and Sean will play key roles in expanding our private equity, capital markets, corporate finance and general corporate practices in London to further deepen our ability to service our clients’ needs internationally.”
Katherine Mulhern said, “I welcome the opportunity to join Kaye Scholer, a premier firm with a rich history in the US and an expanding platform in Europe. The firm’s strengths in capital markets, as well as its pre-eminent reputation in corporate finance, are a perfect fit for my practice.”
Sean Scanlon said, “I am very excited to be joining a firm with Kaye Scholer’s track record and reputation. The firm’s involvement in many of the most high-profile corporate transactions in the United States, Europe and Asia is a testament to the firm’s strength in private equity and M&A and its global capabilities.”
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles