Firm Further Solidifies National M&A and Corporate Governance Capabilities
PALO ALTO – Kaye Scholer LLP announced today that Diane Holt Frankle is joining the firm’s Palo Alto office as a Partner in the firm’s Corporate & Finance Department. Frankle joins from the Silicon Valley office of DLA Piper where she served as Chair of the firm’s Public Company and Corporate Governance Practice.
“We are thrilled that Diane will join us to launch our Silicon Valley M&A and corporate governance practice. Her nationally-recognized experience in M&A transactions and corporate governance matters is complemented by a keen understanding of the unique Silicon Valley deal environment,” said Kaye Scholer Co-Managing Partner Michael Solow. “Diane will be a dynamic addition to our Palo Alto office.”
Frankle focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, public company reporting obligations, and antitakeover counseling. She advises clients in a wide variety of mergers, acquisitions and change of control transactions. She also advises boards of directors and board committees on various corporate governance matters, disclosure issues, and in internal investigations and related party transactions.
“Diane’s reputation for advising boards of directors and special committees is unparalleled,” said Kaye Scholer Co-Managing Partner Barry Willner. “She brings an impressive background in technology and cross border M&A transactions, as well as in governance matters. While many public companies are struggling with the implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act, Diane is guiding her clients in the process; ensuring board and committee processes are utilizing best practices – she will be an invaluable asset to our firm and clients.”
“Kaye Scholer’s renowned full service representation of the technology and life sciences industries, plus the firm’s deep experience representing private equity investors and their portfolio companies, provides a perfect platform for my practice,” Frankle said. “I look forward to working with my new colleagues throughout the world.”
Frankle chairs the ABA M&A Committee’s Subcommittee on Public Company Acquisitions and is an active member of the ABA Committee on Corporate Laws. She is a regular speaker at conferences covering trends in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, the fiduciary duties of directors, and federal and state securities laws.
Frankle earned her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, magna cum laude and her B.A. from College of Wooster where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes