CHICAGO – Kaye Scholer LLP announced today that Jeffrey M. Wagner will join the firm’s Chicago office as a Partner in the Litigation practice. Wagner comes to Kaye Scholer from the Chicago office of Winston & Strawn LLP, where he was also a Partner. He concentrates his practice in product liability, commercial litigation, consumer fraud, securities, breach of contract, RICO and negligence actions.
“Jeff’s depth of knowledge in a wide range of litigation matters, particularly those relating to consumer fraud, is the perfect complement to our existing practice,” said Kaye Scholer Co-Managing Partner Michael Solow. “We look forward to welcoming him to the firm.”
Wagner has tried two major product liability and consumer fraud class action cases for Philip Morris USA, one in federal court in Brooklyn and the other in Madison County, Illinois. He also has obtained dismissals before trial of numerous other putative class actions and mass aggregated cases in federal and state trial courts for Philip Morris USA, Philip Morris International, Bacardi U.S.A. and others. Wagner has also served as lead or co-lead counsel in several securities-related cases involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, insider trading and securities fraud. He has litigated numerous breach of contract cases, and has experience with professional liability matters. He has argued appeals in numerous state and federal appellate courts.
“We continue to expand our practices with targeted lateral hires that will benefit our clients,” said Kaye Scholer Co-Managing Partner Barry Willner. “Our platform is a great match for Jeff’s experience.”
“Kaye Scholer’s litigation practice has a track record of providing clients with innovative solutions to complex litigations. I am excited by the opportunity to join this talented and diverse group of lawyers,” said Wagner.
Wagner received his B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of the Redlands. He earned an M.A. in Public Policy from the University of Chicago’s Harris School of Public Policy Studies and his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles