Partner von Saucken to divide his time between Firm’s London and Frankfurt offices
New York (November 1, 2011): David von Saucken, a noted Restructuring & Insolvency lawyer, dually qualified to practice in Germany and England and Wales, has joined Kaye Scholer as a Partner in the firm’s London and Frankfurt offices.
Previously a partner with Ashurst LLP, von Saucken focuses on advising funds and investment banks in special situations, with a particular emphasis on CMBS and other complex real estate-related restructurings. He also counsels on debt, hedge funds and private equity investments in performing German situations.
“We are delighted to have David join us as a partner as part of our strategy to grow our bankruptcy and restructuring capabilities internationally,” said Michael Solow, Co-Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer and himself a bankruptcy attorney. “The European markets currently face great uncertainty at a time when leverage is still high in most areas as a consequence of the lending boom prior to the ongoing financial crisis. This has led to ongoing high client demand for restructuring assistance in Europe. There couldn’t be a better time to bring on someone with David’s unique strengths and talents.”
Among von Saucken’s recent work is the representation of mezzanine lenders to Highstreet, a vehicle owning some of Germany's largest department stores, the representation of a group of banks and a securitized lender in the work-out of a residential mortgage portfolio in excess of €1bn through an offshore receivership, and the representation of various bondholders groups in European and Middle Eastern restructurings.
According to 2011 Chambers UK, which ranks him as a leading bankruptcy attorney, “international clients describe David von Saucken as ‘a great lawyer – responsive, capable and a good tactician.’ He offers strong technical know-how in German insolvency matters and has advised a number of Anglo-American funds on their transactions in the region. Distressed M&A deals, restructurings and non-performing loans all form significant components of his caseload.”
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- New LSTA Par/Near Par Delayed Compensation Regime August 31, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards August 22, 2016 • Recognitions