Kao brings blend of firm and in-house experience to Corporate and Technology practices
Palo Alto (November 9, 2011): Corporate attorney Charles J. Kao has joined Kaye Scholer as Counsel in its Silicon Valley office.
Previously at Sedgwick LLP in San Francisco, Kao handled a wide range of corporate transactions for clients in the software, Internet, telecom, semiconductor and clean tech sectors. His experience includes representation of the acquirer in the largest merger of California investor-owned water utilities in a stock-for-stock reorganization involving public companies; and advising a commercial finance lender in a number of asset-based and leveraged financing deals. He also managed a $545 million deal involving a leading technology company.
Kao also has represented a number of successful emerging growth companies in Silicon Valley in equity and debt financings, IP licensing transactions and general corporate representation. He served as General Counsel for a privately held Silicon Valley network security company for several years prior to joining Sedgwick.
“Charlie is joining us at an exciting time when our Silicon Valley office is gaining tremendous momentum,” said Partner Adam Golden, co-head of Kaye Scholer’s Corporate practice. “A high-energy lawyer with significant practical experience who is fluent in Mandarin, he will also further enhance our service to our clients in China.”
Kao holds a J.D. from Cornell Law School, and a B.A. from the University of California Los Angeles.
Kaye Scholer’s Corporate group provides all the benefits of a full-service practice combined with proactive, strategic business counseling, and highly focused senior-level attention on our clients’ most crucial matters.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles