As a former AUSA and Senior Counsel at the SEC, Green noted for his enforcement background
New York — Litigator and former AUSA and SEC Enforcement Division attorney Jonathan Green has joined Kaye Scholer’s White Collar Litigation and Internal Investigations group in its New York office.
“Jonathan’s strong enforcement background, particularly as senior counsel at the SEC’s Division of Enforcement, coupled with his experience prosecuting securities fraud cases in the Eastern District of New York, are true assets for clients facing civil and criminal investigations,” said Michael Rogoff, Chair of Kaye Scholer’s White-Collar Litigation and Internal Investigation group and Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Commercial Litigation department.
Green’s recruitment follows fresh on the heels of the arrival of White-Collar Litigation Partner and former federal prosecutor Amy Conway-Hatcher, who joined the Firm’s Washington, DC office in late January.
During his tenure at the SEC, Green led investigations involving allegations of market manipulation, fraudulent and unregistered securities offerings, insider trading and accounting improprieties, among other matters. While an AUSA in the Eastern District of New York, Green successfully prosecuted criminal matters involving allegations of securities fraud, money laundering, mortgage fraud, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, among others, and served as the EDNY’s Mortgage Fraud Coordinator.
Green also served as a law clerk to The Hon. Dora L. Irizarry of the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Kaye Scholer’s White Collar Litigation and Internal Investigations group has significant prosecutorial and enforcement experience, and includes 11 former federal prosecutors from the US Attorney Offices for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the District of Columbia, the Northern District of Illinois and the Northern District of California, as well as several former state prosecutors who worked as Assistant State Attorneys General or Assistant District Attorneys.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Three Partners Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” August 11, 2016 • Recognitions
- SDNY Judge Finds Attorney-Client Privilege Waived Based on Response to Regulatory Inquiry August 2, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Juries Rebuff Prosecutors in Recent Trials of Health Care Executives July 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Criminal and Regulatory Enforcement of Market Manipulation Spikes July 21, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Secures First Circuit Win on Behalf of Novartis in False Claims Act Lawsuit July 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Three Kaye Scholer Partners Named Among Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women... June 29, 2016 • Recognitions
- SCOTUS Rules on “Implied Certification” Theory of Liability Under Federal False Claims Act June 17, 2016 • Client Alerts