Shanghai — Kaye Scholer today announced the arrival of Niping Wu, a Corporate Partner in its Shanghai office. Recognized as a leading private equity lawyer by Chambers Asia, Wu has extensive experience in cross-border M&A, with a focus on private equity downstream investment in the Asia-Pacific region. She also advises on strategic investments in relation to Chinese target companies, as well as in representing multinational companies in their direct investments in China. She has also represented clients in capital markets transactions including US public and institutional offerings by Chinese and other non-US issuers.
“While the global market continues to face challenges, private equity has remained one of the bright spots in the investing world as reflected by Kaye Scholer’s vibrant Private Equity practice in the United States, Canada and Europe,” said Mike Solow, Kaye Scholer’s Managing Partner. “Niping’s arrival enables us to provide equally strong capabilities in China and throughout the Asia Pacific.”
Fluent in both Mandarin and English, Wu joins the Firm from Debevoise & Plimpton, where she led its Shanghai office.
“We are delighted to have Niping join us in Shanghai, as the country continues its ascent as one of the world’s leading economic powers. She arrives at a time when we are rapidly expanding the scope of in and outbound projects we are doing in the Asia Pacific, particularly PE and fund work, and are experiencing a change in our client pool to include more Chinese companies,” said Kaye Scholer Partner Yingxi Fu-Tomlinson, head of the Firm’s Shanghai office.
Active in the Greater China market since the 1970s, Kaye Scholer was the first New York-headquartered law firm to obtain the approval of the Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China to establish an office in Shanghai. Today, the Firm’s Asia Pacific practice provides cross border, cross-cultural China-focused advice and counseling to clients from our offices in Shanghai and the US on both in-and out-bound investment, M&A, operations and compliance including FCPA related matters, technology and outsourcing, renewable and alternative energy, intellectual property issues, and the U.S. national security issues.
Wu received her JD from Yale Law School, and her BS from Yale University. She is admitted in both New York and Hong Kong.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes