Offers more than more than 20 years’ ERISA and counseling experience
New York: Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits lawyer Kathleen A. Wechter has joined Kaye Scholer as Counsel in the Firm’s New York office.
Previously Counsel at SNR Denton, Wechter has over twenty years of experience in a wide range of employee benefits law issues, including those relating to asset securitizations, financings, securities and bank regulatory law issues, fiduciary and plan asset counseling, and private equity transactions.
Wechter has provided counseling and planning regarding taxation, fiduciary compliance, ERISA and IRS matters, Fund formations, and filing and negotiating with government agencies.
“We are delighted to welcome Kathleen to the Firm. In addition to complex Title I issues, Kathleen has diverse experience handling benefits issues related to complex corporate transactions, including M&A, initial public offerings, and asset backed and structured finance transactions, all of which will benefit our finance, banking and corporate clients,” said Partner Jeffrey London, who heads the Firm’s Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits team.
Kaye Scholer’s Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits practice represents clients on a wide range of issues, including private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, compensation issues associated with initial public offerings, executive compensation design and counseling, and pension and profit sharing plan implementation and advisory services. In addition, the practice counsels boards of directors and compensation committees in structuring compensation programs and agreements for their named executive officers. The practice also includes all aspects of ERISA litigation, including benefit claims, fiduciary breaches, and multiemployer pension plan withdrawal liability disputes.
Wechter holds a JD from Duke University School of Law, and a BA from SUNY-Buffalo.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Funds Liable for ERISA Liabilities of Portfolio Companies: The Latest Sun Capital Decision April 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Directors Must Exercise Business Judgment in Approving an Executive Compensation Transaction... March 23, 2016 • Articles
- NASDAQ Proposes Golden Leash Disclosure Rule March 23, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Fremont in Equity Investment in Process Displays January 22, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Robertson Fuel Systems on Sale to HEICO December 23, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents Novartis in Admune Acquisition October 27, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents Wheels Up in New Capital Round September 29, 2015 • Client Successes