Chris Peterson and George Williams enhance Firm’s capital markets and bank regulatory capabilities
New York: In the latest of a string of recent hires, Kaye Scholer today announced plans to bring on two New York transactional attorneys: Christopher P. Peterson, who will join the Firm as a Corporate Partner effective June 4, and George M. Williams, Jr., who joined as Finance Special Counsel last week. Both were previously partners with Dewey & LeBoeuf.
“We are very pleased to welcome Chris and George to Kaye Scholer. Chris’ strong capital markets transactions, particularly on cross-border matters, further strengthens our practice offerings. George brings with him not only significant experience on bank finance issues, but state and federal banking regulatory capabilities which helps fill a gap we previously had in that area,” said Mike Solow, Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer. “Given their backgrounds, we expect both will also play key roles in our Financial Services industry group.”
Peterson focuses primarily on corporate finance, M&A and other capital markets matters, with an emphasis on acquisition finance, high-yield debt, cross-border financing and other complex securities transactions. Recent matters include representing Spartan Capital Holdings Sp. z.o.o., Eileme 1 AB and Eileme 2 AG in three Senior Notes and PIK Notes offerings to refinance loans incurred in the clients’ PLN 18.1B acquisition of Polkomtel, Poland’s second-largest mobile network operator; and advising Citigroup Global Markets, Inc as dealer and lead arranger in the establishment of a $15B medium term notes program by Svenska Handelsbanken AB. Peterson is ranked as a leading Corporate lawyer by Legal 500 US.
Williams advises clients with regard to banking, corporate and securities law questions, including matters relating to the regulation of US and non-US banks and other lending institutions by federal and New York State authorities, bank lending documentation, the law of secured transactions, the regulation of broker-dealers and investment companies, corporate governance and periodic reporting under the securities laws. Williams is a member of the TriBar Opinion Committee.
These most recent lateral additions brings the number of former Dewey attorneys who have or plan to join Kaye Scholer to a total of eight. In mid-May, New York Corporate Partner John Fallon and Associate John Csuka joined the firm as well as a four-member Securities Litigation team in Chicago led by Senior Counsel Alan Salpeter, a former Dewey partner who is top-ranked in Chambers USA for his securities and financial services litigation capabilities.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes