FRANKFURT — Kaye Scholer announced that Dr. Annette Bödeker shortly will join as a Partner and head of the Corporate Department in the Firm’s Frankfurt office. An accomplished corporate lawyer with a broad client base covering German and international corporations, Bödeker focuses on corporate governance and compliance matters, cross-border M&A, international joint ventures, reorganizations and restructurings and finance. Representative clients include Citigroup Global Markets, Qioptiq Group, Bosch and Levi Strauss & Co., among others.
“Annette’s arrival will significantly enhance Kaye Scholer’s ability to represent boards and C-level executives in Germany, the EU and throughout our network,” said Michael Solow, the Firm’s Managing Partner. “As head of our Corporate practice in Frankfurt, she will help build on our already strong representation of private equity, hedge funds and investment banks, widening our reach to include all types of corporate transactions and governance issues.”
Bödeker is currently a partner in the Corporate practice of Orrick based in their Frankfurt office. A graduate of Bielefeld University, she received her LL.M. from Indiana University’s Maurer School of Law in the US before obtaining a doctor juris degree from Heidelberg University. In 2009, Bödeker was appointed as Notar (notary) in Frankfurt am Main, a prestigious public position which allows her to perform notarizations required by German law for certain transactions.
“We are delighted to welcome Annette on board,” said Ingrid Kalisch, Co-Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer’s Frankfurt office. “She will nicely complement our already recognized strengths in litigation, corporate reorganization, M&A and finance. Most importantly, she’s someone who can sit comfortably in the C-suite and give hands-on advice, something which our clients need and truly appreciate.”
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters