New York: Renowned litigator Terri Mazur has joined Kaye Scholer as a partner in its New York office.
Previously a partner with Mayer Brown, Mazur has a particular focus on securities litigation and investigations, primarily in the financial services industry, and on antitrust. She has successfully tried a number of cases, both bench and jury trials, in state and district courts around the country. She has also argued before the Courts of Appeals for the Third, Seventh, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits.
“Terri’s background in both antitrust and securities litigation gels nicely with two of our strongest litigation practices at Kaye Scholer, and is just the latest in a series of partners to join us who focuses on the financial services industry. ” said Kaye Scholer Managing Partner Michael Solow. “We are delighted to have her on board.”
Mazur frequently represents financial institutions, accounting firms and directors and officers in complex individual, class and multidistrict actions relating to securities fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and consumer lending. She also represents national and multinational corporations in cases involving monopoly, cartel, market allocation, price fixing, and conspiracy claims.
“With nearly 25 years experience, Terri is a tenacious litigator who combines street smarts with a sophisticated understanding of securities and antitrust matters,” said Kaye Scholer Litigation Department Co-Chair Vinny Sama, who also leads the firm’s Securities & Derivative Litigation practice.
A member of the American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law and the Section of Litigation, as well as the Executive Committee of the NYSBA’s Antitrust Section, Mazur frequently speaks and writes on securities and antitrust-related topics. She received her BA magna cum laude from Cornell University and her JD cum laude from Northwestern University School of Law, where she also served as Executive Editor of the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology.
Mazur also takes an active interest in diversity and inclusion efforts, previously serving as chair of the Women’s Initiatives Committee at her old firm, as well on its Committees for Diversity and Inclusion and Professional Advancement. In addition to speaking on women’s professional development issues, she is a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers and of the NYSBA’s Committee on Women in the Law, where she co-chairs the Annual Meeting. Mazur is admitted to practice in New York, Illinois and New Mexico.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Morgenstern, Patterson Assess Second Circuit’s Antitrust Legacy in Fordham Law Review September 19, 2016 • Articles
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles