Noted trusts & estates lawyer David Hirsberg has joined Kaye Scholer’s Tax & Private Clients department as a partner in its West Palm Beach office.
Previously a partner with Withers, Hirsberg focuses on international tax, succession and charitable planning for clients with financial interests or heirs in multiple countries. He lived and practiced in Geneva, Zurich and Hong Kong, focusing on US inbound and outbound investment structures, US pre-immigration and expatriation planning, and a multitude of other cross-border tax issues. During his time in Switzerland, he was named a “Foreign Expert” on US tax issues by Chambers Global.
“We are pleased to have David join us as the newest partner in our West Palm Beach office,” said Michael Solow, Kaye Scholer’s Managing Partner. “His addition to our Tax & Private Clients department is another important step in our plan to grow our capabilities in this area both on a national and international level.”
Hirsberg regularly counsels financial institutions around the world on policies and procedures intended to lessen tax risks and maximize gains when transacting business with US clients. He also has significant experience advising clients on the IRS Voluntary Disclosure programs. A frequent speaker on US tax and succession planning topics, Hirsberg serves as a lecturer at the Masters of Law Program at University of Neuchatel and at the Executive MBA Program co-managed by Carnegie Mellon’s Tepper School of Business, HEC Lausanne and the Swiss Finance Institute.
Recognized by CityWealth’s Leader List in 2012, Hirsberg has a BS in Accounting and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Kaye Scholer’s Tax & Private Clients Department advises clients on tax matters in a wide range of transactions ranging from corporate acquisitions, debt restructurings, and complex real estate transactions to restructurings of family-owned businesses, individual tax and estate planning, employee benefits, organization of charitable or family trusts and other tax-exempt entities, and tax controversies with federal, state and local tax authorities.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Get a Hold of Your QSBS Holding Period December 2, 2016 • Articles
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Pfizer in Acquisition of Bamboo Therapeutics August 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents NexPhase Capital in Acquisition of Zing Zang July 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts