New York: Kaye Scholer hosted its ninth annual Pro Bono Recognition Dinner on April 22, 2013. The event honored the 90 lawyers and legal assistants in the firm’s New York office who contributed 50 or more hours of pro bono legal services in 2012. An additional 39 lawyers and legal assistants from Kaye Scholer’s offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, Palo Alto and Washington, DC were also honored.
The guest speaker and honoree at the dinner was Cheryl Dorsey, President of Echoing Green, a pioneer in the social entrepreneurship movement and a long-time Kaye Scholer pro bono client. Since 1987, Echoing Green has provided seed funding to more than 500 social entrepreneurs with bold ideas for social change to launch groundbreaking organizations around the world. In addition to funding, Echoing Green supplies their fellows with important contacts, advice and technical assistance in order to help their organizations achieve their maximum potential.
Kaye Scholer and Echoing Green have a relationship in which Echoing Green’s currently funded fellows, as well as its program alumni who are based in the US, can request access to legal services through Kaye Scholer on a pro bono basis. Over the past decade, the firm has represented 20 Echoing Green fellows on a variety of matters, providing over 7,000 hours of pro bono counsel on contract, corporate, employment, intellectual property and real estate issues.
For more information on Kaye Scholer’s pro bono efforts, including a complete list of this year’s Pro Bono Award winners, please see here.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions
- Jungermann and Steger Counsel Water Integrity Network on Libel Law March 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Ninth Circuit’s En Banc Decision in Wolfson Validates Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Efforts... February 3, 2016 • Client Successes