Changing of Guard for Tax & Private Clients Department, as well Washington, DC office
New York/Washington, DC—Kaye Scholer announced that New York Partner Laurie Abramowitz has been appointed Chair of its Tax & Private Clients Department, and Antitrust Partner Claudia Higgins has been named Managing Partner for the firm’s Washington, DC office.
Abramowitz (pictured left) handles all aspects of tax work for corporations, partnerships, high-net-worth individuals and tax-exempt organizations. She performs tax planning for a wide variety of transactions as well as structuring, negotiating and documenting complex corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, reorganizations, financing transactions, private and public debt and equity offerings and restructurings, many of which have international implications.
Higgins (pictured right) joined Kaye Scholer in 2001 after spending more than 20 years at the FTC. She represents Fortune 500 companies in significant antitrust matters, particularly high-profile mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as in private antitrust litigation and civil investigations by the FTC, the DOJ, and numerous international regulatory agencies. Her antitrust experience spans a widely diverse set of industries, including consumer goods, defense and aerospace, natural resources, technology and health care. Claudia is regularly sought out as a thought-leader and authority on a wide variety of competition issues and is a highly responsive and well-regarded partner with a strong commitment to the Firm.
“As firm leadership roles require a significant amount of time and responsibility on top of a partner’s ongoing client work, few are called to lead, and even fewer agree to do so, with as much enthusiasm and dedication as Laurie and Claudia have shown in accepting these new positions in which I am confident they will excel,” said Michael Solow, Kaye Scholer’s Managing Partner.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Morgenstern, Patterson Assess Second Circuit’s Antitrust Legacy in Fordham Law Review September 19, 2016 • Articles
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions