London: Noted aviation finance lawyer Sidanth Rajagopal has joined Kaye Scholer as a partner in the firm’s London office. Formerly with the Dubai office of UK firm Clyde & Co, Rajagopal focuses on the financing, leasing and purchasing of aircraft and engines for both the commercial and private jet markets. He has developed a significant client base providing both financing and non-contentious advice to a number of the leading airlines and has been involved in a considerable number of transactions across the commercial aircraft and corporate jet sectors.
Recognized by Who’s Who Legal, Asialaw Leading Lawyers and the India Business Law Journal as a leading lawyer in aviation, Rajagopal acts primarily for airlines, leasing companies and banks operating across the Middle East, South Asia and Africa. Clients include Air Costa, SpiceJet, Veling Limited, ACIA and Kenya Airways among others.
“Sid’s arrival is just the first in a strategic expansion in London of our top-ranked Aviation Finance & Leasing Practice as part of our longer-term goal to increase our aviation finance capabilities and offerings throughout the world,” said Henry Morriello, Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Finance Department.
Born in India and brought up in Prague, Czech Republic, Rajagopal received his BSL and LLB from Indian Law Society Law College at University of Pune. He began his legal career in the New Delhi office of Economic Laws Practice and thereafter with Luthra & Luthra Law Offices before joining Clyde & Co as an associate, eventually rising to the rank of equity partner.
“Sid is one of those rare lawyers who is equally at home in Delhi, Dubai, London or New York, a highly articulate and personable international aviation financing & leasing partner from whom we anticipate great things based on his growing practice and impressive roster of clients,” said Michael Mulitz, Head of Kaye Scholer’s Aviation Finance & Leasing Practice.
Kaye Scholer’s Aviation Finance & Leasing Practice represents clients that include major banks and other financial institutions, aircraft operating lessors, aircraft and engine manufacturers, private equity and hedge funds, and airlines in a wide array of commercial, cargo and private jet aircraft transactions. The Practice has extensive experience in all types of acquisition, leasing, mortgage financing, structured finance, securitization, private equity and restructuring transactions. Our lawyers are also experienced in complex tax structuring for investment transactions and airline restructurings and insolvency, representing the owners of capital assets in connection with debt and equity investment. With experience in all types of aircraft and related equipment, including commercial, cargo, regional and business jet aircraft, aircraft fractional ownership programs and engine and parts financings, the Practice is consistently ranked as a leader in both aviation finance and asset finance & leasing, including by Chambers USA, Legal 500 and Euromoney’s Expert Guides.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes