Silicon Valley: Jeffrey Miller, a nationally-recognized intellectual property lawyer focusing on technology, has joined Kaye Scholer LLP in the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Miller’s experience covers the full spectrum of patent litigation, strategic patent counseling, licensing, and both foreign and domestic patent prosecution.
“Hardcore technology has penetrated every sector and every business,” said Firm Managing Partner Michael Solow. “Jeff’s facility with sophisticated engineering will help all our clients secure their most critical intellectual property assets.”
Although Miller focuses on litigation, he is a seasoned veteran in all areas of intellectual property. In the past year alone, he has filed fifteen Inter Partes Reviews with the US Patent and Trademark Office and assisted in the defense of another. In addition to litigation and USPTO-contested proceedings, Miller works with companies to develop strategic IP programs so that they can protect their most critical innovations. Miller has counseled clients in many different technological areas, including integrated circuit design, biometrics, telecom, networking and electronic design automation.
“Kaye Scholer offers a dynamic platform, both for litigation and transactional practices,” said Miller. “The firm’s depth and breadth in the technology sector and in the corporate practice enhances and complements my work for clients.”
Miller is recommended by Legal 500: The Client’s Guide to the U.S. Legal Profession in its 2009, 2010, and 2011 editions. He is an active thought leader on IP trends, developments and issues, frequently speaking about patent reform and litigation, and a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the Licensing Executive Society. Miller earned his JD, cum laude, from Boston University School of Law and his BS in Electrical Engineering, also cum laude, from Union College.
Miller’s addition closely follows that of Intellectual Property partner Deborah Fishman, who earlier this month joined Kaye Scholer’s Silicon Valley office with counsel Katie Scott and Krista Carter. Together, the group has doubled the firm’s IP litigation footprint in the office.
“Jeff’s hire, as well as that of Deborah, Katie and Krista, adds to our bench of talented professionals in Silicon Valley,” said Mike Malecek, co-chair of Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property Department. “We’re committed to building our presence in Northern California and to delivering the sterling legal counsel, IP or otherwise, that our clients deserve.”
Kaye Scholer's Silicon Valley office offers a full range of legal services to technology companies and private investment firms, from complex intellectual property matters involving patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secret disputes for the software, hardware, computer, electronics, entertainment and movie industries to private and public financings, joint ventures, licensings, acquisitions and fund formations.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU and China.
PR & Communications Manager
Kaye Scholer LLP
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- 3D Printing: New Life Sciences Technology and Old Product Liability Claims August 1, 2016 • Articles