Joel Greenberg Quoted in Reuters DealZone on Heightened Antitrust Scrutiny of M&A Deals in the Obama Administration
Joel I. Greenberg, Partner and Co-Chair of the Corporate & Finance Department, was quoted in the August 12, 2009 Reuters DealZone article, "Stringent US antitrust regime adds to M&A hurdles." The article discusses the administration's more aggressive antitrust review of proposed mergers and acquisitions, particularly in the context of companies with large market positions. Mr. Greenberg said " the change in antitrust regime made buyers and sellers more cautious in any deal that might have antitrust ramifications." Further, "it will also lead to increased transaction costs, as antitrust and M&A lawyers shape deals to prepare for obstacles in Washington....
[C]ompanies would likely need to structure deals to prepare for longer waits for antitrust approval, including writing more specific clauses to account for possible material changes."
Also of Interest
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Compliance Berater Publishes Jungermann Article on Antitrust Follow-On Issues November 1, 2016 • Articles
- Term Sheets and Tech Deals: Key Considerations Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions