Joel Greenberg Quoted in Reuters DealZone on Heightened Antitrust Scrutiny of M&A Deals in the Obama Administration
Joel I. Greenberg, Partner and Co-Chair of the Corporate & Finance Department, was quoted in the August 12, 2009 Reuters DealZone article, "Stringent US antitrust regime adds to M&A hurdles." The article discusses the administration's more aggressive antitrust review of proposed mergers and acquisitions, particularly in the context of companies with large market positions. Mr. Greenberg said " the change in antitrust regime made buyers and sellers more cautious in any deal that might have antitrust ramifications." Further, "it will also lead to increased transaction costs, as antitrust and M&A lawyers shape deals to prepare for obstacles in Washington....
[C]ompanies would likely need to structure deals to prepare for longer waits for antitrust approval, including writing more specific clauses to account for possible material changes."
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- 2016 Amendments to Delaware General Corporate Law Include Revisions to... August 22, 2016 • Articles